Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Triathlon

I had my first race in Texas and it was a lot of fun.  There were around 900 participants and the energy was high.  It was at Lake Pflugerville.  The weather was not awesome.  It was warm and humid and there was rain during the bike portion of the race for me.  I am not a huge fan of swimming in open waters, but besides getting tangled up in weeds the first and last 1/4 of the race, it went ok.  It was one of my faster swim times.  One of my faster bike times too!  The run time was pretty typical for me for my triathlons.  This was my 2nd triathlon this year, and my 5th triathlon ever. 




Cessie was there cheering me on and taking photos.  She really wants to do a triathlon and I have been going swimming with her and helping her get her technique down lately.  She has been running frequently too since we moved here.  She just needs to get a bike.  I thought her coming to this race would be good for her to see. 

No comments: