Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2016

Reviews



Ever since I have been married, I have never had a job that took more than just a few hours a week. I have taught off and on all these years, but never taught more than about 3 classes a week regularly. When we moved to Texas, I wanted to keep teaching. I found Arts Avenue and liked it for several reasons. The best part was that it was the closest dance studio to our house, and all my kids could take whatever classes they wanted, free of charge. I can drive there in as little as 5 minutes. When I got the job, I thought I would again just be teaching a few hours a week. But it quickly turned into so much more. I really love this place. I love my students, and my boss, and the atmosphere. My boss is amazing and put so much trust in me right off the bat. Within a couple of months, she put me entirely in charge of the whole dance program. And let me run it how I wanted. I was able to implement a lot changes as I saw fit, and it has been really exciting to see the place grow. I have become so invested in this place. Both physically and emotionally. It has been wonderful to have my family and children be so involved along the way too. It has been really good for all of us. As a family, we have done everything from putting up sets, to installing dance floors. Hana and Becca and Charity are growing as dancers too, and I love being their teacher!
Along the way, there have been countless wonderful things that have happened that have touched me and rewarded me in many different ways. It has meant so much to me. There have been tough times too. It is emotionally draining sometimes, because I really do love the kids I teach. And I love their families. And sometimes things don't always go as well as I would like. Or they would like. But I have grown so much as a person, in so many ways, from this experience.
Lately I have felt burned out. And sometimes I toy with the idea of not working anymore. But this week I had some things happen that got my engine going again. And it meant a lot.
One of them, was this review that popped up on our studio's Facebook page unexpectedly.
Another thing was this nice email I got from a parent. I am feeling really grateful to be where I am!

No comments: