Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Guess where I'm headed?


Which place would you rather be?
Place "A", Monday's forecast: 70 degrees
Place "B", Monday's forecast: 48 degress


Actually, place "B" will be having better weather Monday than it has been too. This is not a tough choice for me. I choose Place "A". And that happens to be Bakersfield, California!

It's 4am Sunday morning and I got only a couple of hours of sleep last night because I was just too excited. We are gonna try to head out about 5am. Thought I'd make a quick post while I wait for everyone to get up.

My super sweet sister Molly flew up last night and will be driving the kids and I down there. We'll spend our 3 week school track break in Bakersfield. Steve's gonna fly down on the 3rd week. It's been a tough little stretch for me lately and so we made this plan to get me through a few more weeks and I think it was a great idea. Thanks mom and dad for being willing to help me out! Thanks Molly too for being so cool and helpful too.

I'm outa here! But don't worry, I still plan on blogging while I'm down there.

8 comments:

eekareek said...

Be safe during your drive. Keep up on the blogging. I personally want to be in 48 degree weather. Hopefully it is cloudy here too. It fits my personality better.

J/K BTW

Vegas Family said...

Safe travels to you and your family, Amanda. I hope the visit gives you some rest and time to feel better.

We'll watch for you at Disneyland.

Have a wonderful time.

Anna B said...

I hope yo have a good time. Even though I was just there I would love to go back soon. June is not soon enough.

Kam said...

Hey Amanda,
It's been soooo long since I've been browsing around on your blog. I'm sooooo sad you've been so sick! Wow, wish there was something I could do -- prayer is about it, from this distance. I hope Bakersfield is the cure for you, at least for a little while. The nicer weather definitely sounds appealing. And some good family time also sounds nice. Hope you get some time to rest and sleep off some of the nausea, too!

Emily said...

Hope you have fun sis! Wish I were there to have some fun with you, but I guess I will see you in a couple weeks, right? Can't wait. Keep up the blogging and let us know what fun things you do. Love you.

E said...

Have fun! I wish my kids had a nice long break from school--I could really use a vacation.

E said...

Forgot to add, we can't really go to Disneyland that weekend--I wish, though. If we still had our annual passes we would, but they expired and we decided not to renew them this year.

Robyn said...

Happy trails everyone!