Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Splurge

I did something really crazy. I actually took all my kids and myself to a salon to get our hair professionally cut! Nothing major and special but it was SOOOOOOOOOO nice not being the family hair cutter for once! (Although Steve still insists that I and only I always cut his hair. You'd think after 11 years of my haircutting, he'd learn his lesson. ::Sigh::) I rarely get my own hair done/cut. I usually only do once or twice a year. I needed to do something. While I was at it, I decided to go ahead and give myself a break and have someone else cut my kids hair for a change. It turned out to be a pretty fun outing. Jonah's after shot
Celeste's after shot- she got a few inches off with some layers.
Eden's after shot- she also got a few inches off with some layers.
Becca's after shot- She got an "a line" cut,
which will be so nice as she hates getting her long hair brushed!
And this is my after shot (and 8th month preggo shot for bonus). I got my hair permed straight. I was a bit tired of curls--- I mean frizzzzz. I also got 2-3 inches cut off. My hair color looks strange too for some reason, but I didn't get it colored. (I know what you're thinking: "That's one bad color job if she did!" And you're right.) I haven't done any kind of color for about 6 years and I'm trying to let my gray hair take over just a bit more before I cave and start coloring and forking over the cash frequently to maintain it.
We also went to the dinosaur museum with the Bishop cousins. Fun fun.


8 comments:

Memzy said...

Nice yard and cute hair!!! I cut everyone's hair too and it gets old. Some days I just want to say, "not again!"

Mary said...

Looks like a fun day. When are you due?

Emily said...

I love the haircuts! I love your new hairdo too. You looks so pretty.

Swasey family said...

your hair looks soo cute!!and your belly is so cute.What a beautiful baby glow ya got!

Teresa Johnson said...

How fun! Haircuts look great!

Kendra said...

If you don't mind me asking how much does to get your hair permantely straightened and how long does it last? I have the curls/frizz also.

Robyn said...

Your haircuts look so nice! I really like Becca's. And I can't believe how long your hair is even after you got it trimmed. Looks beautiful!

E said...

I hear ya! I get sick of cutting four heads of hair each month. Glad you had a break!