Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Big Announcement...again

I've had this big thing on my mind for the past several days. I've struggled to think of anything else. Yesterday it was my typical blogging day and I didn't want to write about it; but I could think of nothing else to write about that would even be worth the time to compose. This morning I was reading Jennifer P.'s blog. (A friend from Boise.) She is an awesome writer and such a super interesting person. Not to mention she is superhuman too. Seriously.

This is what she wrote:

"...I was wondering if I should really write about any of this on my blog. Yet it is so pressing on my mind right now that it's hard to think of anything else. Besides, writing through things magically gives me more clarity than I can ever achieve just sloshing all this stuff around in my big bucket head."

And at the moment I read those words, I decided to come clean.

Here it is-

I AM PREGNANT. AGAIN.

Now that I've delivered the moment of shock, go ahead and take a deep breath and proceed reading.
In my usual fashion we'll have our question and answer session at this point.

Q- Are you nuts?
A- I've said it lots of times. Yes.

Q- Were you planning this?
A- We were planning on having ONE more baby, but not until after our adoption was done.

Q- How did this happen?
A- Haven't your parents given you "The talk" before? Go ask them.
We were trying to prevent this from happening at this time, but well...

Q- How are you feeling about it?
A- Part of me is happy. The other part of me (a big, big part) is very worried. At this time, I'm dealing with the following: 1- Homeschooling 2- Trying to adopt internationally 3- Young Womens President 4- Teaching 3-5 ballet classes a week 5- Lots of volunteer work 6- And the basic mother of 5 children and a home and family to care for. And frankly I don't want to give a single one of those things up. Knowing my track record I'm gonna feel pretty crappy until this baby gets here. I just don't know how it's all gonna work. I just don't know.

Q- What's your due date?
A- September 20th

Q- How far apart will Charity and this baby be?
A- If I go to my due date, 13 months.

Statement- That will be hard!
Response- I'm much more worried about the pregnancy than that. It will be fine.

Q- What about your adoption?
A- We're still going ahead with it. We will have to get approval from our adoption agencies and if we get that, we'll likely have several more hoops to jump through as a result. But we'll do what we can to still go through with it.

So that's probably the most popular questions I'd get. I aim to please everyone's curiosity. :) But if you've got other questions, go for it.
As for my own requests...I would love if I would miraculously not get sick this time around. If you wanna be super nice go ahead pray for me that I don't. If I wouldn't get sick, it would all be just fine in my eyes.

23 comments:

ShelBailey said...

Praying like crazy. :0)

You're amazing and if you can keep from getting too sick, I've no doubt you can handle it all.

So, like I said, we're prayin!

We love you!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Aaah!! Hahaha sorry, I'm excited, and nervous and all the emotions you previously mentioned. Of course we'll pray for you and this baby. But most of all, happy that you have the opportunity to bring another little person into the world, what a blessing! We love you guys!!

Carrie said...

I have no questions, just this:

Congrats!
You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a sickness free pregnancy.

Emily said...

If anybody can handle this, it's you!
Maybe it'll force you to slow down a bit...or maybe not.

Good luck and I really hope you don't get as sick this time!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Amanda! I'm so excited for you. You are an amazing mom and your new little spirit is so lucky! My sister and I are 11 months apart. (In fact January is the month when we are the same age. Cool huh!) I know it was a struggle for my mom sometimes but I believe God knows what He's doing! Let me know if you need any help and I am certainly praying that this is the pregnancy when you don't get sick!

Robyn said...

Wow! I'm shocked and amazed and, yes, I'm worried too. I know how sick you get and with your crazy schedule, being sick just gets in the way. I hope everything goes well for you. I'm happy for you. Hugs and kisses to you.

E said...

Yay!!! It may have happened sooner than you planned, but I have no doubt you'll be able to handle the pressure. Congrats on the new baby!

Teresa Johnson said...

WOWZERS...and CONGRATS!!! I'll pray for ya! Beautifully wrote btw! Good luck and hang in there!

Jeanna said...

Congratulations Amanda. There are so many worse things in life than giving a spirit a body. You are going to be just fine. Our Heavenly Father knows you and your limitations, and HE must know that you are very capable of this new "challenge" in your life at this time. Everything will work out for the best. I will pray your sickness is limited, and all will go well with the adoption process. You are so very blessed, and I am happy to know that you are sharing your blessings with children that are less fortunate. Cheer up, and you go girl!

Jennifer P. said...

wow! seriously---I am THRILLED for you! If anyone can handle this...you can. Who cares if life gets a little crazy for a while. We'd be bored to tears if everything worked just like we wanted it to.

Glad to have inspired you to let us all know, because I think you deserve some people celebrating with you!

Congratulations!

Swasey family said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!I seriously had cold chills reading this!!!!!I AM SOOOOOO happy for you guys!Your the most amazingist person I know!The Lord works in mysterious ways!I will be praying for you that all will go well & you morning sickness will be very slim!Kepp u updated I am just soooooo sooooo happy for you!!!CONGRATs!!!!

Markie23 said...

Congrat's Amanda & Steve - way to multiply & replenish!

Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness! Can you be any more amazing? I can't help but feeling a little lazy every time I read your blog! I sure hope you don't get sick.....you deserve a wonderful and healthy pregnancy!

Cynthia said...

Amanda, you are an awesome Mom and this baby is lucky to become part of your family! Good luck and I hope that you have a wonderfully healthy pregnancy.

Kam said...

Holy Smokes! Amanda!! Wow! I haven't been able to log onto your blog for months, and today, I clicked on and it's working for me again. yay!! And what a whammie of an announcement from you. Wow, again! Praying for you and all your family. How exciting this will be, huh? I love one of Pres. Hinkley's quotes: "Everything will work out."
It will.
Love you and congratulations!!

Kam said...

ps. LOVE your new family pics. GORGEOUS!

Lisa said...

Congrats! Teach me to check your blog more often! I am so EXCITED for ya! I know everyone still thinks Jim and I are totally crazy for having a large family, but honestly they don't have a CLUE WHAT THEY ARE MISSING! While the journey is often not easy, I still maintain its the best life! Hang in there! Don't let anyone rain on your parade. Keep smiling and let them have to guess just what they are missing! Love ya!

Cristin said...

CONGRATS!!! You can do it!!! Hey just remember you don't have to do it all if you don't feel like it.

BTW, I was 8 months pregnant when we decided to homeschool, then 7 months later I was pregnant again. Stressful but doable. I had a lot of educational vidoes and independent work for the days that I couldn't keep my head out of the toilet. Your gonna do great and this baby is soooo lucky!

Here's a funny. I was thinking about you the other day and wondered when you were gonna have another baby. haha I must be psychic...or something.

Stefani B. said...

Congratulations. I don't know how you do all the amazing things you do. You put me to shame! Let me know what I can do!

Memzy said...

I vote for a pregnancy party and puke free parade!! (minus the rain)

Dalana and Mark said...

A big CONGRATULATIONS to Amanda, Steve and family! We'll for sure be praying for a healthy and puke free pregnancy. Looks like Dad Bishop better get working on adding another row for pictures on the grandkid wall.

Andrew Waite said...

Congrats lucy! Love ya!

Jen and Brent said...

You can do it!