Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Confessions

I keep thinking about some of the things people are saying to me and I can't help but respond. First off, thanks for all the congratulations! Coming out with that news helped me feel better. I know I can be unusually open about my life and thoughts and feelings. For the most part I think I just really get strength from that rather than keeping things private. I hope that part of me doesn't grate on anyone's nerves. I can completely understand people who would want to keep things in their lives private and why. I am just not that way in most cases. But another thing that seems to happen is people will say things like "you're amazing" or "you make me feel_____ when I hear about all you do." When I talk about the things I'm doing I guess I do it for more than one reason. Mostly I think I just want to get what's going on with me out there because like I said, I take strength from that to keep moving forward. Don't really know why, but it's true. But certainly I do not want to make anyone think that they are less than me. That makes me feel bad actually. I really do struggle with a lot of things. I have a lot of things I do wrong and I think that's pretty apparent. Do I need to talk more about those things?? I am amazed myself by so many wonderful people around me. I really look up to so many people and want to be better because of their examples. And I'm thinking of most of you--my readers. (Yeah you- who's wondering if I'm really thinking of you!) You are all so gifted and talented and amazing in your own ways and I'm sorry if I ever make anyone feel any less than that. I need to do better. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That was very well said. I get you.

I think one of things I love about you so much is your humility. You really have never sought to seek praise or acknowledgement for any of the great things you do and continue to do. I love how open and honest you are. I just really admire and love you. I know you were NOT fishing for any of that, I just had to get that off my chest:) Looking forward to our afternoon chat.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Eeeeeeek! I just read your last post! Congratulations! Charity & this next one will be like two little peas in a pod. Congrats again!

Jen and Brent said...

So sweet! Thanks for that. You are special, and I am so glad that we get to be in Young Women's together. Been so fun to be able to get to know you and become friends!

Jen and Brent said...

One more little comment- I felt inspired by your post to share some confessions of my own on my blog! Thanks!