Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

50% Photos X 50% Commentary

I've had issues with getting photos uploaded onto the computer, then onto the blog. So I just haven't been adding them lately. But it's time. Here's a picture post for ya.

First off a random one I found. One of my children must have: 1- created this artwork, and 2- took a photo of said artwork. *Beautiful*
Charity on her 5 month-old bday last week. She's still perfect in every way.
A Family Fun Day a couple weeks back. We brought a couple of the Butler cousins with us.

Another child with artwork and photo of it.
We got a tortoise! When our kids learn to read at least at a first grade level, we let them get a pet. Becca finally got there recently. We learned a lot about turtles vs. tortoises, and FYI: tortoises are way better. Her name is Lizzie. She's a great pet!
We're in full swing with homeschooling. It's going quite well. Here's our little classroom. I sit between the kids. They do a lot of their schoolwork on laptops as you see here. Check their blogs daily for their writing assignments. Jonah is starting to lose steam with a dwindling audience. So check them out. Celeste and Jonah.
My bedroom is finally wallpapered. It took FOREVER. And since we are trying so hard to tighten our budget, I couldn't go out and buy curtains, a nice matching comforter for our bed, things to hang on the wall, etc... But at least we got wallpaper.
Also, our Serving With Smiles humanitarian group for kids has a blog now! And guess who's the administrator of it? My very own Anna Celeste. Check it out. It's still under construction with much more to add to it, but you'll get an idea for how cool this group is.

9 comments:

Cristin said...

Charity is so stinkin cute. Your little classroom with the kids including Charity bring back good memories. :) Little Emily would sit in her carseat on the table while we worked or in the swing. awww memories...

Your room looks gorgeous, I love the wall paper and I didn't think I liked wall paper haha

Stefani B. said...

Sorry, I've been slacking on reading the kid's blogs. I'll try to do better. LOVE the wallpaper! Looks like SO much work though. Is that skating-rink the one that lets you push a stroller? Where is it? We've wanted to go. So..I'm guessing you have quite a few pets at this point. I've been debating letting my kids get a fish. How wimpy am I?

Emily said...

Good stuff! I LOVE the wallpaper job. You great! Those random "art project" from your kids are hilarious! Tell Jonah and Celeste to keep up the good work. They are doing so good and it just proves what a great teacher you are.

Miss ya.

Jen said...

Charity is so beautiful! And I have to say-- that art project of the frozen chipmunk made me laugh out loud!! Kids are so funny!!!

ManicMandee said...

Thanks to the people commenting on my kids blogs!!!!

Stef- Classic Skating in Orem. And yeah, they let you take strollers & scooters out on the floor.

Memzy said...

Frozen chipmunks!!!

E said...

Love all the pictures, especially the frozen chipmunk. That somehow makes sense. Did you get a new camera? I remember you needed one, but don't think we ever heard what happened. Is it fancy?

Anonymous said...

Jenny- we did get a new camera a little while back. We don't like it too much. But it's ok.

Jen and Brent said...

Fun to see your pictures! Your family is so cute and I adore Charity! She is just gorgeous! Glad that things are going well! :)