Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer 2010 Part 5

Another exciting part of the Summer was a whirlwind 24 hour trip to California. I wanted to fly down to Bakersfield to see Mom and Andy filming their movie. I was also to play a little (embarrassing) part in the movie. I played the part of the fat, bad, ballerina in a Talent Show scene. I protested a little at the idea when my mom asked me to do it. I told her how fat and how bad I am at dancing lately. I reminded her that I am pregnant. She assured me it would be ok because I would not be playing the winner of the talent show in the movie, she just needed a dancing act. So with that, I did it. But to make it even more fun, my dear friend Jen came along with me. And boy did I love this trip with her. We talked and talked for hours as we traveled and were together. She is amazing and I loved every minute with her. When we got home, I was more tired than I have ever been in years. We got lost on our way home from the airport. A drive I've done a million times. I had no idea where I was and which direction I was going, I was so tired.

I got an Iphone on that trip too! My Dad totally gave me the hookup. Getting on his plan left me with paying less than I was currently paying for my monthly cell phone bill before and with a much much better phone and service. It has changed my life. I am seriously in love with it.

A little after the trip to California, our family got this adorable adorable puppy. We named him Ranger. Isn't he so cute?!!
Well, we were very naive getting into this. We knew it would be hard, but didn't know how hard. He crapped all over the place a bunch of times. He cried and whined. He kept us up at night. He bit Charity. He gave Eden a bad rash. A little over a week after getting him, we were here doing this:

Don't know what I'm doing here?

Ok, here's another view of the scene:
We didn't sell him that night. The next day Eden's rash was so horrible, she couldn't go to church and she just laid around scratching herself in a delirium. Blood was being drawn as she couldn't keep her nails off her skin. She was afraid to go near him. Our home teachers came over and one of them actually wanted the little guy. He made our day when he took him home with him!

2 comments:

Cristin said...

Yeah, puppies are hard. I made the mistake of getting a puppy when I still had a baby..bad idea. They are harder than babies. I'm so sorry for Eden, that stinks, poor girl.

Hey at least it has a new home and is hopefully happy.

Kam said...

He does look like the most adorable little puppy I've ever seen. But, yeah, pets are hard. I thought you guys figured that out with the ... whatever they were called? the things that showed up in your window wells? ;) Oh well, it can't hurt to try again -- except for poor Eden, and Charity too?