Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Numero Diez

Yep, Celeste turned 10 today. I can't believe I've got a 10 year old! Here are some very poor quality old photos of Celeste to prove she was a cutie too.
Here she is I believe 9 years ago to the day. This is with her newly arrived baby brother. They became fast friends. This is her and Jonah at the zoo just before Eden was born.

Photo shoot with Eden.

On stage at one of her dance recitals trying not to mess up her lipstick. Approx age 5.

So today I had the privilege of taking this girl out on a date and we had a fantastic time together. Afterwards I was again struck by the maturity of this girl. I was thinking about our conversation over lunch. Sitting and talking with Celeste is not like talking to any other 10 year old. We got on the topic of WW2. Not only that, she was telling me all about France's part in WW2. She was telling me about the invasion, Jews who had previously fled there, how it had originally seemed to Jews like one of the safer places in Europe, the concentration camps, and death camps there, where they were located, the difference between a death camp and concentration camp and so forth. A little disturbing that she knew so much, but still kind of impressive. She told me plenty things I didn't know myself.


I was also quite touched the other day to find the following memo typed into my PDA:


"Your daughter, Anna Celeste loves you so much you wouldn't believe it! And she knows you love her too! She offers to help during your hard pregnancy. What she means is cleaning, the children, and more housework. In hopes that the pregnancy goes well. She wishes you goodbye!"(Obviously written by Celeste.) Yeah, it paints her life to be so Cinderella, but it really isn't. She can be quite the drama queen at times, but her gifts and talents are quite outstanding and we adore her.


Happy Birthday Celeste!

Feel free to bypass commenting here. Rather, visit her blog to comment there and wish her well if you feel so inclined.
Celeste

5 comments:

Hazel said...

Can't not leave a comment...I have a problem.

Memzy said...

Birthday girlie!!

Robyn said...

Celeste was so adorable, both in the pics and in her note to you. You are a lucky mom!

E said...

Happy Birthday Celeste! And you just reminded me that I forgot to visit Jonahs on his Bday. yikes...

Jennifer P. said...

happy birthday celeste AND jonah!

Amanda--you hardly look old enough to have a 9 and 10 year old! WOW!

Hope you're feeling a bit better. Think of you often and love hearing from you on my blog!