Pages

Friday, February 13, 2009

Stats

Sometimes I want to post something that is meaningless.
Sometimes I want to post something that will entertain.
Sometimes I just feel like getting something off my chest.
And then there's times that I want something important to me documented. I have published my blog in a book for my own posterity's sake. I plan to continue to do so. This is one of those posts that are just important for me and my little family.
But you are all welcome to step into our private lives, cuz I'm like open like that.

In honor of Valentines Day and some other special anniversaries, here are some Steve and Amanda stats:

Met: Day after Thanksgiving 1997
Where: Boise Idaho
Next Time we saw each other: End of January 1998
First Date: February 7, 1998 (Steve's 27th birthday)
First Kiss: February 11, 1998
Second Date: February 13, 1998
Proposal: February 13, 1998
Wedding Date: May 8, 1998
Where: LA Calif.
First Child Born: 9 months + 10 days later

I think that the biggest lesson I've learned from my husband is that God is way smarter than me. That God knows what's best for me and I don't. Steve is nothing like all the other guys I dated. He's not at all the kind of guy I thought I'd ever marry. I thought we were so different and he wasn't really my type when we met. I can see the hand of God in our meeting and engagement so clearly now and I know that it was Divine intervention that brought us together. It would be rude of me not to give Amy the proper thanks too for hooking Steve up with my sister. She was inspired in a strange twisted kind of way. Thanks Amy.

I can list several experiences that prove to me that God was involved in our matching up. Like how I ended up going to Boise for Thanksgiving when it was totally not in my own personal plans. And the ultimate motivation for me to move all the way to Boise Idaho of all places in January of 1998. The dream that I had that changed my life. The prayer that I had with the answer that changed my life. And much more. All I can say, is this guy has been nothing but good for me and I am profoundly grateful!

Happy Valentines Day Steve! And happy Valentines Day to all you out there and your special someones.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

So sweet!
And thanks for the reminder. I need to remember sometimes that its not MY plan, it is HIS. I know God will lead me and even when I went to be in control I have to keep giving it over to him.
Thank you Amanda. You are amazing!

Carrie said...

So sweet!
And thanks for the reminder. I need to remember sometimes that its not MY plan, it is HIS. I know God will lead me and even when I went to be in control I have to keep giving it over to him.
Thank you Amanda. You are amazing!

Memzy said...

Hearts day is so lurvy durvy!!!

Sarah said...

It's amazing how our Heavenly Father works and knows where we need to be. I didn't like Charlie before I knew him and was so irritated to have a class with him that I tried to switch sections and couldn't. Thankfully, we have somebody else who knows better than we do!

E said...

Happy Valentines day! Those are some amazing stats. Thanks for sharing with us all. Have a great day with Steve!

Hazel said...

Wait...you got engaged on your second date? I did not know this about you. I thought my marriage was whirlwind...you win for sure.