Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

My trip

Yep, I'm doing a lot better! Now I just feel like I've got a cold. Which doesn't feel half as bad as the ringer my body went through this past week with the head flu, stomach flu and an eye infection in both eyes. Thank goodness things are improving!

So about my trip...
I got to go to California to see my little brother's movie premiere. He was the film director. He did the filming, editing, and much more for this movie. I imagine he put in more work than the director. And I was proud. I think he did a great job! The whole red carpet, big spot light, limos, paparazzi bit was a lot of fun! That was probably my favorite part. Here's Andy (my brother) on the left, with the actors and the director standing behind them on the right.
And here's some in our group. If you don't know my family well, I'll introduce. From left to right: Scott (bro in-law), Molly (sis), Me, Grandma Bailey, Mom, Dad, Emily (sis), Anna (sis), Tim (bro) and Brenda in the wheelchair (sis in-law).

When we got back from the premiere we all stayed up late talking. It was really fun hearing Andy tell us all the interesting details of the movie that the audience didn't know about. Like how one of the actors Hispanic accent was so bad they had to dub in all her lines with a real Hispanic girl. Which they did a great job of!
On Sunday we got to go to church with Tim and Brenda and see baby Jesse get blessed. It was a really sweet blessing and testimony meeting. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Here's the perfect baby on my lap. If my baby turns out just like him, I will be one happy girl!
After the blessing we had lunch at Mom and Dad's. There my brother in-law Scott who was recently baptized was ordained to the Priesthood. I was so glad we could be there for that too.
From left to right: Shed (bro), Tim (bro), Dad, Scott, Andy (bro), Grandpa Waite.
Well that's it. It was a wonderful trip as quick as it was.

12 comments:

ManicMandee said...

ps. I forgot to mention Andy's movie was totally clean. In fact before I left he said that some family film company was writing up an offer to buy it! He didn't say who.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Looks like it was a great weekend. Jesse is chunkin' up sooooo cute!

Memzy said...

It was sooper fun. Glad you are feeling better!!

E said...

Glad you're better! Thanks posting red carpet pictures, that looks pretty cool.

molly said...

It was so funt o see you Lucy!! I love you long long time!

Jennifer P. said...

first of all---soooo glad you're feeling better. Sick is bad enough, but pregnant sick is uber nasty!

Second--your trip looked and sounded like SO much fun! Wow! Kudos to your brother for all his hard work! I'll have to be looking for the movie at the Flicks!

Welcome home!

Hazel said...

You, on the red carpet! That would be the highlight for me.

I am so proud that he kept it clean. I think it takes strong character. And it looks like it paid off for hims

Anna B said...

Good times! So glad you are feeling better. Let's make sure and get together this week and do something fun.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better Amanda! Yeah, sick and pregnant, that is one of the worst combinations ever. Hope you get over your cold soon!

Kam said...

What a fun trip that must have been! The whole movie premiere sounds fabulous. And that baby is goooorgeous. I'm glad you got to be there with your family for such special occasions. Priceless. Also glad to hear you're feeling better. I hope it continues!

Robyn said...

It looks like you had a great trip. How cool is that to see your brother's name on the marquee. I wish him lots of luck and success with his movie deal.

And I'm sorry to hear how sick you have been. You poor thing! I'm glad that it's over and you are feeling better. Miss you!

Vegas Family said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!
Oh, and baby Jesse is super cute!