Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Temple

Today I had my kids ditch school to go to this beautiful place. It's the Draper Temple and since it's newly completed, our church has been letting anyone who wishes (member or not) to tour it. We were all supposed to go as a family last week but I was too sick to make it. This was our last chance as the Open House ends this week and I couldn't get tickets for any other time. So Steve missed out. This was the 2nd temple that all our children have toured. (Celeste's 3rd, although she was a baby for the Spokane one.)
Temples are very special and it's hard to not feel a great sense of calm and reverence when you are actually in one. They are some of my favorite places to be.
Yesterday I was able to finally finish the book "Jesus the Christ" by James Talmage. It took me way too long, but it was worth it. My understanding of Jesus Christ has deepened as well as my love for him as my Savior. There is so much about the temple that brings me closer to him and I'm grateful for it.
Any of my friends who want to hear more, I would love to chat.
...Sermon out...

7 comments:

Swasey family said...

What a beautiful temple!And I can't believe all the snow you all have holy cow!I can NOT wait to go through the temple!!How fun for your kids to ditch school to walk through the temple!

Emily said...

What a nice thing for you to do with your kids. I bet they were so excited to skip school!

Memzy said...

So cool! My kids have never been able to do that. That's awesome.

cbonitab said...

Ruben and i went last night and it is so beautiful!!! i'm glad you blogged about it, I was sad I didn't get a picture. I love the temple too... what a blessing in our lives. I'm glad everyhting is so great for you! Thanks for keeping me "posted" lol

E said...

Pretty picture! Too bad Steve couldn't go. We have to be careful about missing school for the rest of the school year--getting notices from the school district.

Sarah said...

I can't think of a better reason to ditch school. The temple is just beautiful, but is there one that isn't?

Anna B said...

Glad you were finally feeling up to getting out and seeing the temple. Cool huh? I wish I had gotten a pic. of my kids. Oh well.