Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Head Lice

So. Funny story. Well, now it is, but it wasn't that funny to me when it happened.
On Sunday I was busy getting all the kids ready for church. At some point Charity got a hold of some soap and put it in her hair. I waited to get her ready until the last. In fact, we needed to be at church in just about 15 minutes and when I got to her, she had the soap all in her hair. As yucky as her hair was, I didn't have time to bathe her and get it out. So I just brushed it into the standard pig tails and we left for church.
For 7 weeks since we had a newborn, we all went to the first hour of church together trying to keep anyone from coming near our baby. Then either Steve or I would quickly rush out before the closing prayer so people wouldn't have a chance to gawk at him. Charity too. We didn't want her getting sick in Nursery and then getting our baby sick.
So this was the first week we decided to send Charity back to Nursery. I went home with the baby and Steve took her to Nursery. Then he went to teach his Primary class. Well, a little while later the Nursery leader brings Charity to Steve and says that she has a messy diaper and dirty hair.
Yeah. You read that right.
So Steve takes Charity home to me and there he changes her diaper. No messy diaper. Then he gives her a bath and cleans up her hair. We talked about how that was a bit odd for them to do that. (Kick her out saying she had a messy diaper when she didn't, and dirty hair.) But we just brushed it off. Well after church we get a call from our Bishop. He says he's calling about the incident in Nursery. Steve's like "What incident?"
The Bishop proceeds to tell us that they kicked Charity out of Nursery because of her head lice. We were like head lice? What the? We tell him we were pretty sure she didn't have head lice. To which he asks us to please double check and think about who she's been playing with recently, etc., etc... So we double check. Of course. No head lice.
There's a lot more I can say about it. But that's where I'll leave ya.

5 comments:

Memzy said...

Weird! Tell me more.

Hot Pants said...

Yeah, I need to hear more. I hope you informed them it was clean hair, because soap is generally considered clean.

Cristin said...

Super Weird! I want to hear more.

ManicMandee said...

All I can say is that I was super nervous about her going to Nursery again this Sunday. So much so, that when they brought her to us again about 15 minutes of being dropped off, I blurted out, "Oh no!" We were so relieved to find her diaper really was poopie this time. All was well.

Jen said...

That was frustrating for you! Sorry Amanda.