Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Oh Baby

Just a little update on our littlest. He's 8 weeks old today!
He is pretty much my favorite person right now. (Besides Steve.) I love holding him and kissing his squishy cheeks. I love how when an unnamed preteen gets a little too sassy, I can sweep him up and go hide in a quiet room and suddenly feel happy again. Babies are the best medicine. He's perfect and I am infinitely grateful he is here! Being pregnant is the pits. P*I*T*S! I hate it! But the 9 months of misery was totally worth it.
He still doesn't sleep the greatest. But it has improved for sure. He eats at 10pm, 2am, and 6am. We are anxious for the feedings to stretch out further. But we're surviving.
He doesn't cry too much. Just the right amount. Enough crying to keep from getting neglected and not enough to make us cry. Perfect.
Did I ever mention why we named him what we did?
Samuel Timothy Bishop.
When we lost baby Benjamin 3 years ago, we made kind of a deal with God. We told him that if He would bless us with another healthy baby boy, we would name him Samuel after the Biblical boy prophet. The prophet who was the son of Hannah. Hannah was unable to have children and told God if He would give her a son, she would raise him to be His servant basically. And she did. And Samuel did become the prophet. Steve and I told God that we would raise our boy to serve Him too. I am not expecting him to become a prophet someday, but this baby is special.
The name Samuel means "Asked of God."
The name Timothy means "To honor God."
And our Samuel was asked of God to honor God. Perfectly fitting isn't it?
And another huge incentive on those names as you probably already know, they are my brother's names. Two great souls :)

2 comments:

Kam said...

Oh, little Samuel. Reading this just makes me want to cuddle him, like you get to. Makes me miss that newborn baby stage that goes soooo fast. He sounds perfect. Can't wait to meet him... sometime?

Jen said...

Very special! He is adorable as can be. Wonderful name as well!

Jen Tate