Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

So emotional!

I think the majority of my friends and family are aware of my sister and brother in-law being in Ethiopia right now for their adoption. Having them there has been so emotional for us. For our entire family. Steve and I are obsessed with watching for updates. Our kids, especially Hana and Andy are anxious for any news, photos, videos, or to Skype. They cannot wait to have their old friends, now cousins, in the US with them. Emily's kids, (Nate and Nyah,) and my kids lived in the same orphanage. In fact, Hana's bed was right next to Nyah's. And Nate's was right next to Andy's. They did everything together and love each other very much. I can't wait till they can see each other again.
Emily and Rob's kids are so wonderful. We've spent some time with them and they are very sweet and happy. They are smart and funny. They are going to be a great addition to the Matson family and everyone is gonna love them to death. I can't wait to hold and love on them again.
Seeing my sister and brother in-law go through this has been like reliving our own adoption. It brings back so many memories and emotions. It's such a difficult, painful, joyful, and all around emotional thing to go through. The months between going to court and actually having our children home, were tremendously hard. It was the most difficult part of the entire adoption because we had met the children, fallen in love with them, but we couldn't bring them home yet. I hope that Emily and Rob have a smooth court to Embassy process. They will need plenty of support.
I'm so happy for them to experience the joy we have experienced through adoption. It is very worth all the work and money.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I loved this post today. I think I needed this! Love you Amanda! So excited for your sister!

Jen Tate