Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Fave Foto Friday

I chose this photo because I am taking this opportunity to prove to Jenny that I love her more than she loves me. I am dedicating a post to her. I did not have the inspiration like her to save every photo anyone has ever given me and I regret that. Because this is all I've got of her. Jenny is on the left, my old BFF from HS Liz is next, then Sara, then me.
Not only am I dedicating this post to her but I am going to dedicate a post to her that should not embarrass her or make her look like an idiot. The post she did for me was done with a good heart and fun intentions, but it did make me look pretty darn stupid. Regardless, I hope she knows me well enough to know that I was not offended and I have never been offended by any comments she has made to me :) I just respect her deeply and really want her opinion of me to be a good one. Got it?
So about Jenny.
Here are the things about her that I appreciate the most:
She is HILARIOUS! Growing up I peed my pants many a time in her presence because she made me laugh too hard.
She is brilliant. I didn't know how freakin smart she was until recently. Although I've always known she was smart.
She is an amazing writer. You all know this if you visit her blog. If you haven't seen her blog, get on it. You will love it.
She is a good person. She lives an exceptionally good life and so does her husband.
She is so cute and pretty. Always has been. She seems to get prettier and prettier all the time too.
She was a huge influence on my incredibly fun childhood memories.
I love her to death!

13 comments:

Anna B said...

I'm so glad you gave Jenny the proper shout-out. She is one of my coolest cuz's. I hope she likes me as much as I like her.

Markie23 said...

I think she has extraspecialpowers.

Hazel said...

Is it her birthday? Hope not, although I don't know the exact day of her birthday I do love her. She is one of my best friends, and I too have almost peed my pants when I am around her. Just something so special about that girl. She gets me, when there are so few people in the world who do. Thanks for always being there for me, Jenny. I am sure all of this goes without saying. You all know. I would like to give special thanks to Gus and Mary for birthing and raising this beautiful, thoughtful, memorable, dedicated, smart, funny, and above all nice girl.

E said...

Wow, thanks for dedicating a post to me! That was so thoughtful and kind of you to go to such effort just to make me feel good, and I am very flattered.(<--see how graciously I accepted that? Oh wait, did I just ruin it? ;) Really, I appreciate you going to the trouble, and writing such nice things about me, and posting that beautiful picture of me. (Srsly? The ONLY one you have?)

I thought those letters you wrote were adorable and showed how funny and charming you were, and I know everyone else would agree with me. You were 8-years-old, for goodness sake, and you were being your usual funny self. I also thought they were very sweet and showed our close childhood bond. I really believed you'd enjoy seeing something you wrote when you were a little girl, seeing your handwriting, and maybe showing your girls, and that you'd appreciate that fact that I've held onto a box (that's fireproof) of letters and mementos from you (including a sock) for all these years. It made me sad that you didn't see it that way. But I still heart you like crazy.

ManicMandee said...

Jenny, of course I knew your intent when you made that post about me! Silly girl. Try not to be bothered by the fact that I am ridiculously insecure and get embarrassed over stupid things. K?
Seriously, I adore you more than you know. I DO!

ManicMandee said...

Oh and I forgot to mention about the photos. Don't be bothered by that either. I have very few photos of my childhood. So the fact that I even have one with us in it is great. I don't know why I don't have more? It sucks. I think my sibs ended up with a lot more photos than I did.

Hot Pants said...

I remember a specific time you peed your pants and then made an ice cream truck pull over, then you threw in your pee pants, and said "nevermind, I don't want any ice cream". Then he drove off with pee pants in his ice cream truck. I have never been able to eat ice cream out of a truck since. I am actually grateful to you for that.

Memzy said...

Jenny ESP is RAD!!

Jennifer P. said...

I currently follow and faithfully read 75 blogs.....and yet if YOU recommend one....I'll probably check it out :)!

What a good friend you are!

Emily said...

I love Jenny too--even though she was really mean to me when I was younger. No hard feelings though...

molly said...

That was so thoughtful of you Amanda. You are for sure the nicest person I know! I look up to you. i meant to tell you that when we were in the car at the gap the other day, then I ended up talking to your hubby instead,haha. I really do look up to you more than you could possibly know. I want to beat anyone up who ever hurts your feelings, because I know how much you care about others, and it is really upsetting when others feel any selfish, stupid, uncalled for desire to hurt anyone who cares as much or even half as much as you do. i love you so much! You are beautiful!!!

Hot Pants said...

I'm with Molly, Amanada is one of the nicest people I know too. We are both very lucky to have sisters we are so close with, and have so much respect for. It's hard when you see them get their feelings hurt. Only, I would never threaten a physical confrontation over it. (cuz I would just get my butt kicked.)

Anonymous said...

Simmer down there Molly...remember you are to old to be acting like that..its just silly! U are well Luved Amanda, dont think anybodys trying to hurt yer feelings.