Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2008

To my friends and family in Idaho

So I got wind that there are some people there that may be curious how I was doing here. Really doing; If you know what I mean.
I thought I'd tell you.
I am actually doing great! And it's not the manic kind of great. Of course I've had my moments where I have felt down, but they were very short lived.
Here's what my life is like now. I get up at 6:30am. I get my kids ready and off to school. Then I go running. I have worked up to now running 10 miles a day and I love it. Running around here has been so much fun. I love the views and the lack of traffic. I can run the entire 10 miles without stopping and it feels nice. Then I go home and shower and spend the remainder of my day getting random things done. Becca gets home from kindergarten at 10:53 am. Strange time hu? The rest of the kids get out at 2:15. We work on chores and homework and other misc. things. Then I make dinner and Steve comes home and we hang out with each other. That's what most of my days look like.
I like my calling, (YW Personal Progress Advisor.) It's not too demanding and yet it is something. I was able to go with the girls to the Temple today. That was nice. I think I may learn to love them as much as I love my girls back in Idaho. We'll see.
Steve likes his job. I like his job too. He comes home happy and not stressed out of his mind.
The kids are all doing well in school. It helps that the school is a lot easier than it was in Idaho. They seem to be like a grade behind. It's a bit boring for Celeste, but good for my other kids who could use a little leg-up.
I love where we live, with the exception of Steve's commute.
I love being near our family here.
I love my new friends. I've got a couple. One old, one new. And a few semi-friends borrowed from Anna or getting to know through church service.
I like our ward now. Not the Primary, but I won't start on that. I may not sound very nice if I do.
Overall, I am feeling quite well. I feel healthier mentally and physically than I have ever felt. That's right. EVER.
I do miss my friends and family in Idaho and think about them a lot too. The night before last I had a dream about my young women and the other YW leaders from the Franklin Ward. It is what made me want to make this post.
Steve's parents and sibs and their families are missed a lot too. I beg them to blog more. It would be so nice!
Well, that's about it.
Boring post I know, but I've done little updates on how I really am doing lately and thought it was about time.

9 comments:

Mikki said...

Yay, I'm so glad to hear a little more indepth about how you are and what you've been up to. It's good that you've found a groove for yourself, something I've always struggled with.

I thought about you last night when we took the YM and YW to the corn maize, and we are having board meeting tonight. Our YW are definitely some of the best around. I've finally got Taylor to come to a few activities and meetings, so I feel like I've scored :)

Take care, I really miss you.

Hazel said...

I am so glad to hear you are doing well, but I must say, I am a little bit sad you left before I had a chance to get to know you better. Sometimes a change can make all the difference. It has for me.
Good luck with primary. Hope it's not THAT bad.

Anonymous said...

I love you!!! Lunch was sooo fun today! I need to catch up to you Thanks for being my running inspiration (among other things) you really are amazing!

Anna B said...

Thanks for the shout out...I think? I love you being here and ditto to Dana lunch was AMAZING!!!

Memzy said...

Sooo glad to hear you are doing so well. What a difference a move makes.

Dalana and Mark said...

Thanks for the update Amanda. I am so glad for these blogs (especially for keeping in touch with the family who isn't near.) We miss you guys around here, but are so happy that you all are doing so well. That's truly great! We're excited to see you for Thanksgiving...are you guys coming?

TimW8 said...

Enjoy running while the weather is still good enuf. Then practice running in snow shoes.
Glad you're doing so good.

Meri Kay said...

Hey, I was thinking about you just the other day. I thought I would post a comment since we were "counciled" to do that in conference right. Anyway, just know that you are missed and I am glad you are liking it so much. If you ever see Janet tell her hi for me.

Anonymous said...

i think that i miss you the most