Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

I'm not a fan of Halloween. I don't really decorate for it, I don't dress up for it, and it's my least favorite holiday. I'm kind of like a Halloween Scrooge. I know, party pooper. But every year I try to put on a happy face for the kids and make it somewhat fun for them.
So this morning I took some shots of them before they headed off to school. Celeste is sporting my HS cheerleading uniform. This was kind of a last minute change of plans costume that I pulled out of a box this morning. In that same box, I found this little number for Jonah. My cap and gown for HS graduation. Circa 1996. He really liked it.
Eden is a butterfly. I got a great deal on this one and she was fortunately happy with it. Although it is a bit too small on her. She didn't notice though.
Becca's costume was also a great deal that she happily complied with too. She had wanted to be a vampire! This cute little thing a vampire - hmmm.
And here's all four of my favorite munchkins.

Happy Halloween everyone!

8 comments:

ShelBailey said...

What a passle of cuties!

Memzy said...

^^Is that one of those words from the Grand Sophie? Cuz I don't know what passle is.

Cute costumes! I vote for seeing Becca as a vampire next year!

Emily said...

You are very resourseful! Remember when almost every year of my elementary school years I was either a pirate or a genie? Mom would just throw whatever she could find in her closet and BAM, there was my costume? I still laugh hard about it. I guess it's no surprise that we are both "Halloween Scrooges."

Anonymous said...

They look so cute. I am totally with ya on being a halloween scrooge. I like the costumes but not the scary. I never decorate.

willmottfamily said...

Okay, my husband hates halloween, too. In fact, he expressed that sentiment this morning in front of Parker, who responded, "Daddy don't say hate." He apologized, and seems to have put on a happy face for the kids. Is there something a bout growing up in Ca that gives people a dis-taste for halloween? Scott gre up there and blames CA. Just wondering if there's a connection.

ManicMandee said...

I don't think it's a California thing. What do you think gize? Much of my Fam and Friends are from the golden state.

E said...

Cute! I love how Celeste was basically you for Halloween (your name's on the jacket). I would be so proud.

Anonymous said...

They all look so cute, I wish you were here so I could have given them some candy and got to see them in person.!