Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Funk

Yeah, I'm in a bit of a blogging funk. I am totally not in the bloggin mood. I feel no creativity in me. I feel like my blog is wildly unpopular as it is anyhow. I'll hopefully pull out of this soon, but for now, this post is just funky.
So I came back from my trip with my sisters to an inbox with about 50 posts I needed to catch up on. Can I get a temporary reprieve from my own personal rule of reading every word of all those posts and commenting on all those blogs? If I can get that reprieve, I think I will feel a little less overwhelmed by my own blog obsession.
If you'd like to hear about my great trip with my sisters, Anna, Emily and Molly posted about it on their blogs. Yes, I did actually win that talent show that Emily wrote about and I am very proud of myself for doing it. I did also finish the Smart Remarks book club book, which I think is part of my problem. I haven't been able to really talk about it with someone who has finished it yet and I want to. Oh Peeta, you are so sweet! And Katniss, what am I supposed to do with you? I was disturbed by the book, but couldn't help but be totally hooked until I could get it finished.
If you were wondering Steve did indeed win the "Husband of the Year" award for the 10th consecutive year. It's my own award I give out so don't get all in an uproar that your husbands haven't gotten one. I pretty much figured Steve had it in the bag anyways.
I understand that this weekend is the long awaited Forks trip for some other lovely ladies and hope you all have a flanktastic time! (Don't do any weird misreading into that gize. I meant it. k?) Look forward to seeing your posts about it when you get back!
Well, I guess that's all.
Sorry for the dumb post. But it is a post right? And no, I am not depressed. It's a blog kind of depressed. Otherwise, all is well.

8 comments:

Memzy said...

There is NO such thing as a dumb post in my opinion. And I can't wait to talk about the book either. My mom even read it during her many hours in the hospital!

Robyn said...

So what was the book?

Don't be too hard on yourself for not jumping right back on to the band wagon as soon as you get back. I always have a hard time transitioning back into the swing of things. This last trip was the hardest and I'm just now starting to get my groove back.

I'm glad you had a good time. Congrats to Steve for holding down the fort while you were gone. No easy feat, I'm sure.

Hot Pants said...

I always need a vacation after every vacation. It is so hard to get back to normal for some reason. Glad you guys all had a good time. I am planning on a flanktastic time for sure. There would be no misreading that.

E said...

My blog has been funky for some time. My advice, blog your way through the funk.(<--I should write for fortune cookies)

PS. thanks for the call. Keep an eye on my blog while I'm gone. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love your funky blog it is always entertaining and one of my faves to read.

Anna B said...

I had a really witty comment earlier but it wouldn't post for some reason but the jist of it was that I LOVE your "wildly unpopular" blog and that you needed to just hang in there and give your silly kids a minute to do something SO funny you have to post about it and then you will see the comments come racing in. You wait...and see!

willmottfamily said...

I always love reading your blog. BUT, you should only post because you want to, not out of responsibility. Take care!

Hazel said...

I am also a fan of you blog. It is cool, and I am not going to be mad if you don't comment on anything you have missed. I don't really have anything comment worthy anyway. My blog is in a funk also