Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's a living nightmare!!!!


This is a real photo from our garage! I am gonna have some serious nightmares tonight. A couple of days ago I went into the garage and heard some rustling around. I looked up to see a mouse running along the shelf. I involuntarily screamed! I really don't like mice. I am like those wimpy women on TV that freak out over them. And despite my annoyance of those type of people, I am finding myself to be the same way. Then yesterday I was on the phone with Molly when I was telling her about how I saw a mouse the day before. I was out in the garage to get something and while she was on the phone, I saw a mouse again in a different spot. I screamed again involuntarily. So today I decided I'd go buy some glue traps. I bought 4. It was this afternoon and after only a few hours of a noisy household and going in and out of the garage, we already have caught 3!!!! I didn't realize what a problem it must be until I was hunting around for the best spots for the traps. There was mouse droppings EVERYWHERE! I think we must have a multitude of mice out there and we never noticed a sign of them until a couple of days ago. I am so disgusted! Even as I went out to check the traps, I saw another mouse running around. So with the 3 I found in traps, that makes at least 4 rodents in our garage. I have a feeling it is just the beginning. Help!!!!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

HOLY CRAPOLI!!! I just want to vomit and scream just by looking at this picture!! I'm SO glad it's you and not ME!

Anna B said...

I don't even know how you could take a picture of it. I am absolutley terrified of mice. I wouldn't be able to even walk into my garage. Good luck!

TimW8 said...

I used to love mice and rats till one chewed thru every plastic part of my washing machine while it was in storage and caused the flood and grief we just experienced...Now I wanna Kiww da derty wratz!
Check out my blog for the details of the Waite Family Reunion T-Shirt Designing Contest.
I guess you can probably come up with something creative.

Memzy said...

I just threw up a little in my mouth. Good luck with that. But what do you do after it gets stuck?

Dalana and Mark said...

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK! I'm so sorry Amanda. I hate mice, and I don't say hate very often. I hope the problem gets resolved quickly! When we first moved in here we had mice in the garage and I freaked out too. Hopefully we still don't have them.

Andrew Waite said...

while most people would say "we have an infestation of mice" or maybe a "crap load of mice" amanda says she has "a multitude of mice"... leave it to amanda to use book of mormon talk in her blog post. good for you amanda, i can tell you have been reading your scriptures, which i more than i can say for myself... by the way, holy crap for crap! that's a lot mice!!! the worst is when they are stuck in the trap, but aren't dead yet and they are still all squirmy and stuff and make those little mousey cry for help noises... good times.

Kam said...

Oh my goodness! This is terrible. We had a mouse in our old flat, and I would also involuntarily scream each time I saw it... not a weakness, just a female instinct, perhaps?? Good luck getting rid of them. I wonder -- what do you do once you get them on the glue trap?? yucky.

Amber Waite said...

Eeeww...I'm with everyone else, mice totally gross me out. Good luck with that!

Amber Waite said...

BTW thanks for Andy's PIF. I've really enjoyed it. I now have a new favorite moisturizer. Also how did you know my favorite candy bar was Twix AND believe it or not a pedometer was on my list of things to purchase. You did good! Thanks. Love ya!

molly said...

Oh my gosh that was hilarious!You screamed so loud intot he phone..but I still love you.I think I am the only one in the family who is not scared of mice,rats,bats,snakes or bugs.I really was adopted.