Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2007

What's up.


Steve has worked really hard the past few weeks to get this shed built and it's done! I am really happy about it. It was my birthday present. (My birthday was in August.) So I've been waiting a long time. I told him when he got it that I'd clean out the garage. That was before I knew about the mice infestation. The past couple of days I've been working on the garage. It's gotten really bad for two reasons. One reason: I am kind of creeped out by the garage so I haven't been going in there if I don't have to. Instead, I just open the door and throw things in. A huge pile was mounting. It was really messy!!!! Problem two: MICE. I can't believe what these mice have done. We had this tupperware bin filled with MRE's they got into. Meals Ready Eat. It's military food sealed air tight in thick foil packs. They got in the bin and had a feast. Then they left the premesis and called all their mice buddies from all over the neighborhood and had them come over to eat too. They liked the chocolate covered oatmeal cookies best. They chewed into the foil and ate whole cookies. There was shredded foil all over and a bucket-load of poop. I wanted to vomit. I just threw it all away. We also had water packets that had teeth marks in them and they were empty. Nasty. Those are all in the garbage too. I feel unclean. I feel unchaste now. I just wanted to scrub my whole body when I was done. With an SOS pad. But the work is almost done. It's been terrible to say the least.

6 comments:

Dalana and Mark said...

The shed looks AWESOME! Good job to you and Steve. That'll be so nice to have to alleviate some of the problem of too much stuff in the garage. I'm so sorry to hear about the mice problem still and all that you've had to throw away! What a pain. Are you continuing to catch more and more? Have you had any signs of them in the house?

Andrew Waite said...

what a nice b-day gift, i'm thinking about getting amber a lawmmower.

Hot Pants said...

I witnessed Amanda hard at work. She is amazing, I would have just left it all and never gone in the garage again. There really was ALOT of mouse poop! If I was a stronger, better person, I would have offered to help. Sorry Amanda, I just can't deal with Mice. Call me when you have a spider infestation.

Emily said...

Congrats on the shed. Good job Steve for building it! I hope your mouse problem goes away. I'm with Amy on that one...I would never have gone back in there!

E said...

Anthony would go goo-goo-ga-ga if I asked for a shed for my b-day. I guess I would have preferred a shed to what he did get me: five bottles of bath-and-bodyworks lotion and a twenty dollar bill that he took from my wallet. (I just patted his head and put the twenty back in my wallet.) Now that I think about it, I've gotten more joy out of retelling that story than I'll ever get from any material gift.

Anyways, that sucks about your mouse problem. I had an ant/cockroach infestation in my kitchen once and, I was so grossed out, we had to eat-out for about a month. Good luck!

molly said...

Geeze,that's pretty gross.I'm sorry Lucy.Nice shed though.