Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

New Rules

Rule #1-

Hello. My name is Amanda Bishop and I an internet addict! Today is a new start for me. I think my time on the computer has gotten out of hand. I have way too many things that I need to do and should do and could do. I have gotten in the habit the past few weeks of spending too much time online. It's become an addiction. So starting now, I have a new rule. I will only allow myself to spend a maximum of 30 minutes a day on the computer. I will let myself carry time over to another day if I don't use all the time though. However, I can't carry over time for more than one week at a time. The slate clears. I am posting this because I had told myself this about a week ago but didn't follow through. If I announce it to everyone, then I'll stick to it.
Rule #2-
No more TV. At least for the month of November. The website above is interesting. You could check it out. When I went to Utah a few weeks ago I started watching TV. I always do on trips because I don't normally have time at home. But I got hooked on some shows and enjoyed the time to just be lazy. Now I've got to stop! So I am going on a TV fast. Exceptions: I can watch one movie a week with the kids or Steve for a date or family time or something if the opportunity arises. That's it though. Sometimes we go to the movies on the weekends or rent a movie.
Rule #3-
No more desserts. Steve decided last night that he isn't going to eat candy anymore. And in order to encourage him in that, I told him I'd join him. I didn't think it would be too hard because I figured I'd just compensate for it by eating desserts of other types. But I ended up telling him that. So he suggested we give up desserts. I agreed. Yikes! We don't know how long we are going to keep this up. It will be hard. But we'll try. Exceptions: if we give the other person permission. That works for me!

So wish me luck people!

11 comments:

Anna B said...

Wow, what can I say...WOW! More power to you and thanks for being the example I never will. Love ya.

TimW8 said...

Hey Manda,
I have a couple really neat tools that will cut down on your time lokking at everyone's blogs call me and I'll tell you the secret. One hint: I set mom up with it now she can look at everyone's blog on ONE screen.
Call me I'll hook you up! Don't give up on us!

Hot Pants said...

Those are 3 SERIOUS things to give up all at once. Any "one" of them would b e too much for me. You are like Jaimie Summers (If you watched tv you would know who that was)

Hot Pants said...

Those are 3 SERIOUS things to give up all at once. Any "one" of them would b e too much for me. You are like Jaimie Summers (If you watched tv you would know who that was)

Andrew Waite said...

holy crap for crap.... what are you like ghandi or something!?!? those are like the three biggest pleasures in my life.... i don't know what that says about me. i'm shocked! what's next? music, soda, games???

E said...

Sounds fun, Amanda! Like you're camping or something.

Memzy said...

Hey, as long as you don't require those people you hang with to do the same. And are you including Thanksgiving in that deal? Yeeeeeaah. No possible para mi.

Emily said...

Those are 3 of the things that give me reason to live!

Shed said...

I hope someday I can be like my little sister Amanda. You are such an amazing person. I love you Amanda.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm the 10th comment! You're getting popular in this blogging thing. Good luck w/ your goals. Looks like you're doing well so far w/ the internet goal because you haven't made a new post in a couple of days.

Kam said...

Amanda, good luck with your goals. The first week or so will be hardest, I bet. But esp. the TV will fade quickly... you won't even miss it soon. The desserts, well, I do hope Thanksgiving is an exception, but if not, you probably won't be worse for it.

ps. Brian and I love your "playlist" of songs on your blog. Have you seen the video for "Had a Bad Day?" It's darling... on YouTube, I think (for when you have an extra three mins of online time at the end of a week.)