Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Because there's nothing else to say

Emily inspired me with her blog today and I felt like nothing I could say could really be that important after that. So today I will just give a feeble list of things I am especially grateful for today:
My knowledge of God and His plan.
My Savior Jesus Christ.
My husband Steven Bishop who I am madly in love with.
My kids who bring me tons of joy.
My extended family.
My friends.
Music.
Money. (Sorry, I guess I am a bit shallow, but I am grateful to have enough of it.)
My body that is able to do most of what I want it to do...even if my butt is too big.
Being bi-polar because when I am manic I get lots done. (Lets ignore the depression for now.)
The people on the freeway that let us know our tire was flat before we had a huge blowout.
The guy in Wallmart today that actually checked out my groceries in a timely manner. I'll also ignore that he was giving me a lecture on how my earth friendly green bags were not really helping the world. Because he did move fast.
And lots, lots more....

3 comments:

Jennifer P. said...

This reminds me of that Irving Berlin song from White Christmas called "Count your Blessings Instead of Sheep". You will forever be happy in this life if you just keep your eyes on your blessings girl :)!

And you're not shallow for being grateful for money at all. Having it and being in control of it is a HUGE blessing.

Your list of daily "stuff did" sure is impressive!

Emily said...

That is a great list. Gratitude definitely equals happiness. I have found that even trying to be grateful for the hard things in life keep me sane. Thanks for sharing. I love you.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Good for you for using earth friendly green bags! I always think of buying them when I see them, but start thinking too much about their cost. By the way, if you need any help with all that fun "getting ready to move" stuff, just give us a holler!