Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

Yeah, I've still got a pulse

So I go from posting 2-3 times a week to leaving you hanging for a week. Sorry to all my loyal visitors! We are still out of town. We go home tomorrow though. Hopefully I'll get all caught up on your blogs by Monday. Don't hold your breath though.
It's been a busy trip! I spent so much time hunting for a rental house and * holy bananas!* was it a pain in the neck! We had an itty bitty budget and that made it a lot tougher. Finally today we signed a 10 month lease on a house.

It was a good deal, near my sis and it had the most space of all the other houses I found. It's actually kind of cute to me. It's about as big as the house we currently live in so we know we can live in it. But in addition to that space, it also has a basement that is not completely finished and is as big as the upstairs. Good for storage and toys. We want to stay there for the school year. The kids will go to school with their cousins! We'll save up and purchase a house probably later. So I am pretty pumped that finally all got settled. For a while there I thought we would be going home with nothing settled. Big relief!

So what now? We go home, we've got scout day camp Mon & Tues, family reunion in our hometown Wed-Sat, then we've got just a couple of weeks before we head to our new home. Move in date is Aug 1st. The moving company takes all of our junk away July 28th. I haven't started packing yet so we've got a lot of work to do!
How's that for an update?

13 comments:

Cristin said...

WOW your are a very busy girl. I would totally help you pack if I was anywhere near you. :) I'm glad you were able to find a house to rent, what a relief.

So...does hubby have a new job?

E said...

Stressful! Congrats on finding a house.

Carrie said...

What a lovely home! Good luck with the move. We moved last year out of state and I was left to do it on my own since my hubby had to head away early for his job. (hmmmm....not that I think of it, that was VERY convenient for him)

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

That is cool that the kids can go to school with their cousins. What a unique experience! Glad you updated us all, I was getting antsy to hear how things went.

Dalana and Mark said...

I'm happy that you were able to get some things settled. That must feel good. The house looks really nice. Good job! How fun to be by your sister and cousins. Sounds like some things are falling into place. It'll be great to spend some time w/ you guys next week.

Emily said...

Congratulations on finding a house. It sounds like it wasn't easy! I love the house, it's way cute! I'll admit, I'm pretty jealous that you and Anna get to live close. But, I'm happy for you! Keep us posted on the progress of your move.
Love you.

Memzy said...

You and Anna are going to have so much fun living close to eachother. Congrats on finding such a cute rental house. Good luck moving. I'd rather eat my own poo than pack and move, at this point.

Jennifer P. said...

I love your new house! And unfinished or not--I bet your kids end up spending a lot of time down in that basement! (kids don't need walls and flooring and things like that to have fun :)! ).

Still sorry to see you go--but it sounds like it's going to be great to be near your sister. Thank goodness for blogs to keep in touch!

Hot Pants said...

I'm glad you got the house. Your kids will have fun being by their cousins......I did......until she ditched me.

Amber Waite said...

Wow,you really have been busy! I'm glad you guys got everything settled. And how fun is that going to be to have Anna so close! That is so nice that everything is working out for you guys. Good luck with the packing and moving part.

eekareek said...

Will you still come up for the Bailey Christmas party? Let me know when you are packing. I want to come help.

TimW8 said...

congrats on the new house. now you're a little closer to us. can't wait to come and visit.

Mikki said...

I'm rotating between being happy for you guys and sad for me. I'm glad that you will be closer to your family, but sad, cause I've really enjoyed getting to know you and your family. I'm really going to miss you.