Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Check out these guns

Today I ran a half marathon! I only planned on going 10 miles, but while I was out there it was such a gorgeous day and I was feeling good, so I decided to keep going. I actually went further than a half marathon! (FYI half marathons are 13.1 miles.) And I kept it at 2 hours. I know that isn't super fast, but it is a 9:15 per mile pace which is good enough for me going that far. I didn't have to stop once and didn't need water or anything.
It felt awesome, and I had to come here to brag.
I think I can officially call myself an athlete.
Or can I; I'm not sure?
Here's some images to plead my case.
First my biceps. I know they aren't that impressive, but give me a few more weeks of weight training and we'll see if I can do better. But check out my calves. (On releve - that's ballet)
Yeah, I put on a little lotion to make it look all shiny like that.
Trick of the body building trade right?
But no photoshopping here!
Hope that's not too racy for you.
I'm about to leave on a 9 day vacation and I had to take images of myself today before I go get all fat. Without fail I gain on average about 1 pound per day while on vacation. One vacation I actually gained 13 lbs in 4 days. So you do the math. In about 2 weeks, I'm not gonna be lookin so good and it will take weeks to get that vacation weight off.
But that's how it is and there's nothing I can do about it.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are freakin' hot ( I hope Steve doesn't mind me saying :) I for sure think you can say you are an athlete!

Robyn said...

You are my hero! I wish I was as motivated as you to get my body moving. I really want the hot bod, but I'm too lazy to work at it. Anyone got a magic wand?

Markie23 said...

I honestly don't think I could run for 2 minutes. I can't even imagine being able to run for 2 hours. That's absolutely amazing! I could beat you at an arm wrestle though. NO... It's not a challenge. I'd prefer to just keep living with the idea in my mind that I could.

Memzy said...

So, was it a race or you just went out and did it for fun? Cuz, I think I could do that in a race but just for the fun of it by myself, not so sure. I love the lotion. That cracks me up!

We still need to plan a family race/run sometime in the future when we are all together. Now with Anna and Emily and Amber running it should be fun.

Memzy said...

ps. I'm more amazed at the tiny size of your thighs!

Elder Jack Anderson said...

Are you sure you're not taking steroids? Welcome to the gun club!

Hazel said...

Wow! You look amazing. I am so glad you took these before pictures so I have a point of reference when you post your after the trip pictures.
You look way to good, and i am crazy jealous.

Anna B said...

Are you sure it was lotion and not hot baby oil? Your calves are freakishly buldging. I don't think all the working out in the world will ever get me looking as good as you. You Win!

Emily said...

You are a freakin machine! Who ARE you? Thanks for giving me something to aspire to.

Anonymous said...

wow you look amazing! You always do though

Hot Pants said...

I could run 3 hours a day and never have those calves. And no matter how much you run, you will never have my knobby knees. We're gonna eat somewhere fatty when you're here and you're eating desert for sure!

Jennifer P. said...

Holy Canolli! My calves look like sick cows next to yours! Awesome job---keep it up!

Carrie said...

Nicely done. I have tried to start running twice now. I give a few weeks and just stop. I just can't get in sync and keep up with it. You are most definitely an athlete!

willmottfamily said...

Well done, Amanda! That is a huge accomplishment. Awesome.

Swasey family said...

HI!Hope you don't mind if I follow your blog, Jeff gave Colman (my husband)his families blog and I found you guys!

E said...

I'm getting a charlie horse just looking at those calves! Holy cow!