Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

I love love stories

Last night Steve and I went to see this ^ musical. (It was fun seeing it with you Brent, Jen, Janice and Jay!) Musicals are interesting aren't they? Often times the play starts out all normal and you rapidly get used to the fact that these actors are playing certain characters and you get into the plot. Then during some dramatic scene they are talking and then music starts and instead of talking, they begin singing their conversation. Who thought of this? Seriously, I want to know. Then it gets better -- they start breaking out into dancing while they are singing. At first you are like, "Hu? that's a little strange. When do people in real life just start singing to each other and then dancing while they sing?" But let me tell you, I LOOOOOOOOOOVE musicals!!!! If real life were like this, this world would be a much better place.
Musicals are so weird but I get really into them. I have never seen Aida before and I didn't know what the story was about either. So it was really fun to see the story unfold and not know how it was all going to play out. There was a lot of cheesy dancing and singing and it was awesome! It was also a great love story. The lead couple had some chemistry. They seemed to be really into each other and it almost felt awkward at moments in the tiny theatre when the two of them were kissing for a very long time and we are all just sitting there watching quietly. But oh mommy, I love it! If you like cheesy singing and dancing and a good love story, I highly recommend this one.

6 comments:

Memzy said...

I'm going to come out of the musical lovers closet right now and go on the record as saying I am NOT a theater fan. It's really asking a lot for me to go. But I'm glad you like it!

Hazel said...

What I like more than a good love story is long uncomfortable kissing between semi-strangers. I would pay good money to see that.

Emily said...

How fun!!

E said...

I am a fellow musical lover, for the very reasons you spoke of, as well as a love story lover. I haven't seen this musical, but ironically, there was trivia question about it on this 90s trivia game I played recently. I will definitly keep it in mind. Thanks for the recommendation!

Robyn said...

I've only ever been to see "The Phantom of the Opera", but I love musical movies. When "The Sound of Music" comes on tv I sing all the songs, even when my daughter tells me to stop. I think it would be way more fun if, in real life, we suddenly broke into song. I bet the world would be a happier place.

Hot Pants said...

I have a confession to make. I read this blog with out leaving a comment. But, in my defense, I was sneaking to read it quickly, along with many other blogs. I promised Dwight I would try to stay off the computer when he was home. And he was home when I read this post and therefore I was sneaking and therefore I had no time to comment. But I read it and loved it!