Pages

Friday, November 14, 2008

Foto Friday Haunted House

In my last Foto Friday post in passing I mentioned our Haunted House on Sunset Ave. Here it is. This photo was taken after I got married and went back and took a photo of the place for old-times sake. Notice that tiny window up on the third floor? That was the window I was talking about before. Tim and Sherod lived up there.


We moved here when I was about 9 years old. It was a really old house in downtown Bakersfield. What was it built about 1920 or something? I can't remember. It was such a cool house! It had all kinds of nooks and crannies. Little cubbies to hide in and play. The laundry shoot was fun! We used to have a blast sliding down that thing. I'm sure it wasn't nearly as big of a drop as I thought it was being a little child.

But the house was haunted. I don't think these ghosts were bad. They didn't seem to try to do anything sinister. They just insisted on inhabiting the house with us and we had no other choice but to let them. So back me up Waites, was it haunted or not?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cool house! I would love a house just like this sans the ghosts of course.

Emily said...

I concur. Totally haunted and totally creepy!

Hazel said...

I have heard stories about this haunted house. I didn't realize it was so beautiful. I think I could share that space with a friendly ghost. My house? I think I would move.

Anna B said...

That picture totally creeps me out.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I don't know if it was haunted or not but it looks innocent enough... in a creepy kinda way.

PS Noticing Dream Big on the playlist. You wouldn't believe it, but I was in the same kitchen as Ryan Shupe last night.

E said...

Whoa! That house looks creepier than I remembered. It was the coolest house!

Memzy said...

That house is soo pretty. I would love an old house like that.

Memzy said...

And you know I will totally do your pics for you anytime.

Robyn said...

That is such a neat looking house. I like the older ones too. They have so much more character. The house I grew up in was haunted too. I don't know if they were friendly or not, but I was terrified.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

K, well, Ryan Shupe has two sister-in-laws in my ward (they are two sisters and then he married another one of their sisters... make sense?). Anyway, one of the sisters is our YW prez. I was at her house for a YW Board meeting & here comes Ryan into the kitchen to get something out of the fridge. I guess they are staying there right now on a little vaycay or something. Remember that Fall Event I was so annoyed to be in charge of? Yeah, we almost got him to perform at it. Then he couldn't. :( We still called it the DREAM BIG PAJAMA PARTY though. Hopefully he won't sue.

Dalana and Mark said...

Wow, what a beautiful house! Crazy that it was haunted. At least they were nice ghosts. It'll be fun to see you guys soon. Sorry I haven't been making more comments on blogs, things have been SUPER CRAZY! Love you guys all the same though and enjoy checking in often and seeing what's going on.