Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Fave Foto Friday and Fave Shed Memory

Ask Memzy requested a post about my favorite memory of Shed. But first just a little background on his name for those who don't know. Sherod is an old family name. Pronounced Share- ED. It's different and people often don't get it. At Molly's wedding I heard him introduce himself to someone saying "Hi. My name is Sherod. I'm Molly's brother." The guy replied "Jared?" And Sherod just said "Yeah." He doesn't even bother to correct people.
Online we call him Shed though. Cuz it's cool.

Shed is my big brother. As you can see in the photo above with just the 6 oldest children in my family, Shed was a really cute kid! He's 3 years older than me. (He's #3 and I am #5.) I had a really tough time trying to come up with my favorite memory of Shed because I have so many. This guy is hilarious. Of course all of my brothers are. They all make me laugh super hard. I am a huge fan of all my siblings.

Growing up Shed and Tim (#2 kid) were always getting into some kind of mischief together. Shed could do it all alone quite well too. So I finally decided that my favorite memory of Shed is the time he and Tim strung some fishing twine from the 3rd story attic window of our haunted house on Sunset Ave., to the white picket fence across the street. Then they proceeded to try hooking various random things to the twine like a wig, or a naked Barbie doll. When cars would come down the street, they would have the naked Barbie doll or wig go flying down the fishing twine from our third story attic window, to the other side of the street; making it's path right through the middle of the road. A driver would be minding their own business driving down our street when all of a sudden a naked Barbie doll would come flying out of nowhere and cross it's path right in front of their windshield. That's how creative he is. Pretty funny. Wish I had photos of that! Even better - video.

10 comments:

Anna B said...

What about the water balloon out that window into the seat of a convertable driving by. Oh ya!

Shed said...

Oh Lucky! You're so sweet. I love that you are my sister. I loved growing up with you. I am so glad we can look back on our childhood with fondness. We were really lucky kids. I would change a single thing about growing up. Thanks for the memory. Love you.

Shed said...

I meant would NOT change a single thing about our childhood. Duh.

Memzy said...

Woot Wooot! I've heard that story before, among others. I thought for sure you would share the time when he and Emily pushed you in a stroller down a cliff. Oh wait, that wouldn't be a good memory would it. Plus it wouldn't really be a memory since you slept through the whole thing. Did I get that story right? Shed is awesome! And he likes me! He really likes me!!

Hot Pants said...

Shed was always the nicest to me. Not that the rest of you guys weren't always nice, but I was kind of annoying, and Shed never acted like he noticed.

E said...

I forget that Sherod's name is hard to pronounce cuz I've known him all my life. Great story! I didn't know Shed is only 3 years older than you, he always seemed so much older than us growing up, not that he's old or anything.

Emily said...

I have so many great memories of Shed too. He was really only mean to me a few times and it was usually initiated my me. He was my buddy when I was little. My fondest memory of him that still makes me cry to this day is how sweet he was to me my freshmen year of high school. He was only a year ahead of me in school, but SO experienced compared to me. On my first day of school he took me around and showed me where all my classes were and he even ate lunch with me. That meant so much to me. Most older brother's would have been embarrased to be seen with their younger (freshmen) sister.

Memzy said...

::single tear:: ^^ These are the kidna reasons I married the guy. Who doesn't love SHED?

Anonymous said...

I have so many funny memories with all the waits. I always love the wheel chair you stole from the old people home. I love being left at the pool all day and walking around in the parking lot collecting beer bottle lids to trade. I loved playing hide-n-seek and kick the can all night. Fun times!

Hazel said...

I love that family picture. I haven't gotten to know Shed much over the past few years, in fact, I would like to get to know you all a little better. There is nothing I like better than stories like this though.