Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Quality Control

Question: How do you know your last blog post sucked?
Answer: You get approximately 100 page views since you posted it and only 4 comments.
Question: Do comments matter?
Answer: We like to blog for "journaling purposes" so the answer is "no"
Real Answer: Lets be honest with ourselves - Your feelings of self worth increase and decrease depending on the amount and quality of comments
.
Question: Why do most family and friends from Idaho never comment? (Megan, Jennifer P., Hot Pants, Robyn and Katie all share adequate amounts of comment lovin. We're talking about the other 20+ of you.)
Answer: In Idaho it is perfectly acceptable to use the bathroom at a gas station and never buy any gas or merchandise. They still like the gas station.
Question: What should I blog about now?
Answer: If you want comments go for something political or controversial.
Answer 2: Your life is pretty boring these days so how about a lame post with questions and answers about blogging.

I do use my blog for journaling purposes. I actually print it off and put it in my journal. I also have not updated all our scrapbooks this past year because I think my blog will do an adequate job of keeping my little family's life documented for later enjoyment.
But I also blog because it is my way of spending a little portion of my day staying in touch with the multitude of people who I love and cannot talk to on a daily basis. And I must say the comments I get on my blog bring me delight!
There are so many reasons I blog and all of them are beneficial to me. The only downside is I will sometimes get behind on catching up on other people's blogs and then I get a little overwhelmed because I don't want to spend too much time each day on the computer but want to share the comment loving around. There are people out there that say they don't have time to blog. But we all have the same 24hrs, we just choose to spend our time differently. I for one spend a little time each day blogging, but I never watch TV and give up other things so that I can blog.
So here's one more.

Question: Does this post suck?
Answer: Absolutely.

Have a good day everyone!

22 comments:

E said...

First to comment!!!! WooHooo!!!

E said...

And, yeah, it's weird that only four people left comments on your last post. It didn't suck in the least. The best is when you notice people leaving comments on other blogs but not yours. Really messes with your head.

E said...

Third comment. woohoo.

Cristin said...

I'm a blog comment loser. sorry... I do read them though if it makes you feel better, i just usually don't have anything insightful to say.

Emily said...

You are the best! I totally know what you mean--thanks for keeping it real!

Markie23 said...

Question: Should I leave a comment?
Answer: You already did.

Anonymous said...

I love you! :)

Memzy said...

I for one know that I've gotten to know you WAAAY better after we all started blogging together. And that's a good idea, I need to print mine off.

Robyn said...

I totally agree about the comments. I started my blog so that my family and friends who don't live close could see our little part of the world, but once I started I realized how much I love the comments. So, thanks for sharing the love! You're the best!

Jennifer P. said...

Suck? Hello!--that post had MY name in it!--I loved it ;)!

I would say that if there was ever one of your posts I don't comment on--it's just because stupid Google reader isn't always the best at loading the new stuff. Sometimes I just have to click through my blog role "old school" !

Thanks for the great comment you left me today! Yes--mornings are good again for me. Love'll do that to a girl :).

~J

Shed said...

Lucy..looking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks!

Hot Pants said...

My mom says "suck " is a bad word. So is "fart" and "butt" and "stupid" and "shutup". I tell my kids calling each other a "liar" is a bad word.
BTW, I could NEVER use a gas station bathroom without paying for anything. The guilt is too overwhelming.

Jennifer P. said...

Amanda--

I'll let you know details in a Facebook message--alright :) ?! Now you have to either delete my comment or yours or we'll draw too much attention to this little deal-io :)!

E said...

^You have my attention. I'm on my way to Mandee's facebook right now...

#14

Mikki said...

I know I'm bad, but to be fair, I haven't been commenting on hardly anyones blog lately.

I don't get lots of comments either, which also may play into my commenting "want to".

Glad things are going well. I've been tending to stay out of political stuff since Megan's baby shower. Sometimes people don't like your beliefs anymore than you like theirs, but they tend to take it bad.

Elder Jack Anderson said...

I almost came & went without leaving a comment just to prove you right but then couldn't do it.

I like this post, btw. Very snarky!

Hazel said...

I think the comment thing is just a mood you are in. I usually feel like I have something to add. I am sure most people would prefer I just kept it to myself, but I love your blog and I agree with an above comment, I have gotten to know you through your blog. Thanks for keeping it up. If you talk to Jenny, tell her she is a comment hog. Taking up all your comment space...

Tiffany T said...

This blog does NOT suck. I think it is blogs like this one that allow us to "see" more of a person than funny anecdotes or just photographs. I'm new to the blogging-verse, so I haven't felt the comment-anxiety yet. How long can I use that excuse before I worry about the lack of comments?

mitzi said...

Amanda--I don't know anyone that has more comments than you (but you definately deserve it--and I appreciate the comments you have left me; it is a lot more fun to blog when you have verification that someone is actually reading it!) I love to read your blog and the comments that other people leave, because I haven't really spent much time with you personally and it is fun to get to know you better. Sometimes I have a hard time getting it to load on my computer--I think it is my computer's fault, however.

Anna B said...

Are you sure we have the same 24hrs. cause it doesn't seem like it. Where does the time go? I'm sorry I missed your last post. I did give you a call on the phone. When's the last time you called me??

Carrie said...

I know what you mean. I am all like "I blog for me", but come on, I need the comment love!

Anonymous said...

I know my comment is going to be lost in the mix here since you are so popular and get so many comments but at least you get views to your page and comments on each one...my page is like the desert! No one wants to visit and it isn't because my page is hot either. I am lucky to get 1 view a day and I don't have an interesting life so I have nothing to blog about!