Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Holiday Plans


I decided to let you all know what our plans are for the upcoming holidays. That way you can all start making plans to be with us. Right?!

So on Friday November 21st, I will be loading up my 4 rowdy children and Anna with maybe one of her rowdy kids and driving to Bakersfield. (Anna will be going home with someone else though.) The kids and I will stay in Bakersfield with Tim - Still ok with you Tim? Thanks, I thought so. We will stay in Bakersfield until Tuesday or Wednesday then drive to Idaho. If I decide to split the 14 hour drive up among 2 days, I'll leave Tuesday. If I decide to do it all in one day, I'll leave Wednesday. We'll see. So I will be in Nampa with my kids on Wednesday night and staying with the most wonderful in-laws ever created. Steve will fly in to be with us that evening after he gets off work. (Lucky!) The 6 of us will spend Thanksgiving with Steve's extended fam. I think we are having a family temple trip on Friday. And we will either drive home on Saturday or Sunday (the 30th.) So there are a bunch of people I would love to see on these trips. There are obviously going to be things going on in which I will get to see many of those loved ones. But there are friends that I hope to see too! (Megan and new baby for example.) So all you Idaho friends who watch my blog, please make yourselves known if you'd like to get together! We'll work something out.

For Christmas we are going to just stay home.

13 comments:

Hazel said...

I sure do hope you make some time to see me. I feel like I finally know you. I am not the one who makes the plans though. I am the one who shows up and eats the food.

Memzy said...

So, you'll be arriving Friday night then? Cool. Do you happen to know what time Scott's baptism is? I should know since I live here but...........er, I still don't. Look forward to seeing you guys!

Hazel said...

I forgot to tell you how funny that picture of the turkey is. It is rare that I LOL, but that did it for me.

Anna B said...

The best part of that is that you are staying home for Christmas. Cause that's where I am. Love you!

KunaBoy said...

We are happy and excited to have you guys here for the party and the baptism (9 am Saturday).Drive very safely!!!Dad

ManicMandee said...

My Dad commented on my blog! Whewhooooooo!

E said...

Thanks for sharing the Bishop family plans. They are very similar to the Esplin family plans (minus 4 kids in Bako), so I'll be seeing you in both Bako and Idaho. Eeeeeeeee!

Robyn said...

I'm so glad that you will be coming to Idaho! Yah! I would love to see you, but I know how busy you are going to be so I'll try not to be too disappointed if I don't get to see you. If you are out and about while you are here let me know and I can come and meet you somewhere, even if you're just stopping to get gas and I come to give you a hug and tell you that I miss you.

Hot Pants said...

I guess it was a bit presumptuous of me to just assume I would be seeing you. If you cold pencil me in that would be great!

Carrie said...

OK, So we don't know each other and I live in Florida, so no pressure to visit. However, I was reading your blog and my husband walked by, saw the turkey picture and did a double take. Too funny!

Kam said...

Can't wait to see you guys. I told Samantha that Celeste and Eden are coming (and the rest of you too... I did list you all, but her eyes really lit up with Celeste, lets be honest.) She was THRILLED! Good luck with all that driving. Sounds... ambitious? adventurous? er... something. Oh, and have a great time in sunny Bakersfield with your fam.

Emily said...

I can't wait to see you in a week!!

Anonymous said...

I feel so special each time that I am mentioned in your blogs (not as often as I could be, hint hint)and I am so excited to show you my little Laney Bug. And of course to see all of you. I don't think I really know you anymore so we will have to have TONS of time to catch up. Drive safe...love you