Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Final Spring Break Vacation Post

On Wednesday we went to the beach. It was sunny and beautiful and miserably windy. Celeste was the only one who got out and played while the rest of us took cover from the wind. We lasted only about 30/45 minutes--then left. That night we arrived in Bakersfield. Thursday we spent most of the day hanging out at my parents house. We took Mom's dog Sophie for a walk.
That night Shed and Memzy were nice enough to host all the fam for dinner. Thanks guys!
Even Shaggy showed up. It was good to see him.
Friday morning the kids and I left Bakersfield bright and early.
The drive went off with no major problems and I was welcomed by Steve standing in the driveway with open arms and flowers on the kitchen table.
That's all folks.

10 comments:

Emily said...

I can't get over how awesome you are for taking all your kids on a road trip without Steve. You are amazing.

Looks like it was nothing but good times!

Less than a week!!

Memzy said...

I'm not sure why but some of those pics aren't showing up for me. Ooopsie. It was great seeing you, even if for just a short time!

Memzy said...

Charlie is still talking about his cousin with the geeyasses!

E said...

Loved see your pictures! I wish we had gone somewhere for spring break. :( See ya soon! :)

Vegas Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip.

Swasey family said...

looks liek you had fun!I think you are one brave mamma for taking that long of a tripe with out Steve.But what a good man with flowers!It made me cry hearing that how sweet he is!!

Cristin said...

looks like fun fun with a side of fun! Your my hero for traveling alone. haha

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

That looks like a fun trip! I'm glad you were feeling up to a trip like that w/out Steve. That just shows how awesome you're feeling! Yay!!!

Hazel said...

You got flowers? That is the sweetest thing ever. You are so brave to go it alone being pregnant to boot.

Teresa Johnson said...

Looks like you had a great time! I'm glad you're feeling good with this pregnancy...it's a hard task sometimes!