Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pictures

Granted these are all pictures of just one room. I decided that I would post photos of rooms as I get them done. This room isn't 100% done, but I decided today it's about as done as it's gonna get for a while. I think later I'll put curtains in and a few more hangings or something. New furniture would be nice too, but we aren't that rich :)
This is Eden and Becca's room.
The BEFORE shot: The AFTER shots from all angles: (I know it's overdoing it a bit.)




I have to say I hated doing this stuff on the walls. After about literally 16 hours (that's not including all the breaks I had to take from it), I was saying bad words in my head. I wont tell you which ones. Steve doesn't like when I want to decorate and I think he'd tell me I couldn't spend any money or time on it if I asked for his help, so I couldn't. But Anna had come over one day and helped me paint the pink walls. Thanks Anna!
It's all over and I think it turned out nice. The girls really like their new room. One room down, many more to go...

16 comments:

Cristin said...

HOLY CRAP! The room looks great but WOW!!!! you really must be feeling better. hahaha BRAVO! can't wait to see the rest of the house.

Carrie said...

WOW! So, you can be my DJ AND Decorator, and I will cook for you. This is gonna be perfect!

Hope this means your back.

Thanks for the comment...I won't let you down.

Memzy said...

Awesome!! I had no idea you had painting talent!

Anna B said...

I love how the room turned out. Way cute!

Hot Pants said...

Your "not 100% done" room is done 100% more than any one room in any house I have ever owned. It's loverly.

Sarah said...

Did you paint the fence? The room looks beautiful! Do you want to come do my house?

Swasey family said...

you are so talented!!Looks sooo nice!

TimW8 said...

Great job Manda. It feels good after the job is done to look back and enjoy your work. I never knew you were so artistic! A little nesting going on over there huh.

Robyn said...

i can't believe what you did to the girls' room. It looks fantastic! I had no idea you were so talented! (and far more patient than I could ever be!)

Markie23 said...

That looks incredible. Are those stick-ons or something? 'Cause I can't imagine anyone painting that.

Emily said...

WOW! You did a great job sis! I'm really impressed!

E said...

Love the nest sitting on the outlet! SO cute. This reminds me of a Waite bedroom for sure. Excellent job!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Holy cow! That looks awesome! So dang cute - can I get on the waiting list and have you come do our baby's room? :)

ManicMandee said...

To all who assumed I painted this --- I didn't. It's this stuff called "Instant Stenciling". The fencing took about 20 minutes PER FOOT of stenciling, so it wasn't so instant.

Teresa Johnson said...

Way cute! I love it! Good job!

Hazel said...

Instant stenciling counts as painting. Looks great. You are talented.