Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy 10 year Anniversary to us!

Today Steve and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We are so happy to be married to each other and have enjoyed these years together very much. We were sealed together in the Los Angeles temple May 8, 1998. It was the best day of our lives. My Grandpa Waite sealed us. The other day Steve and I were remembering something Grandpa told us that day. He said; and this is a paraphrase of course, "You both love each other so much today. And as much as that is, you might find it hard to believe that you will love each other so much more as time goes on." We both agree that has proven to be true. I remember when he said it at the time, I didn't believe it. I was thinking, "There is no way I could love Steve anymore than I do now!" But somehow my love for him has multiplied and continues to do so. He's a fantastic husband and father and the kids and I adore him. Each year we have tried to go on one "mini-moon" together to celebrate our marriage. They have lasted anywhere from 24 hours to 2 days. Really quick, fun, and wonderful trips together that I will always remember and treasure. We've gone places like Portland, SLC, McCall, Manhattan, and so on. We usually go to a temple as part of these trips. I really love going to temples. I think I've been to about 22 now? Below are a couple of photos from these mini-moons. Our first anniversary. Manti Temple.

Mini-moon to Zions National Park Summer 2000.



Today we leave for another great mini-moon! This time we are going to New York. This will be our longest one too. Thanks mom and dad Bishop for making this possible! We will be back Sunday night. We will go see Niagara Falls on Friday and spend Saturday and Sunday in Palmyra, NY seeing church history sites and the temple. I can't tell you how excited we are!

Love you Steve.

9 comments:

Mikki said...

Have fun. I am so jealous. Happy anniversary!! (And yes, the hermit crab is still alive :))

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I hope you have the best weekend ever! You deserve it. Can't wait to hear all the details. Take lots of pictures. Love you!

Dalana and Mark said...

Happy Anniversary! This is a big one, CONGRATULATIONS! Have a ton of fun together in New York. What a fun experience to get to go to the church history sites! Like Emily said, take lots of pictures for us to see.

Anna B said...

Happy Anniv. I hope you guys have a wonderful time. You both deserve it. Hopefully when you get back you'll have some great news about your new job in SLC!!!!!

TimW8 said...

Congrats Guys. I guess since you guys didn't get to really enjoy your wedding night you now get to enjoy all these "mini-moons" instead that's a pretty fair trade.
Take your camera and report on your trip when you get back.

Memzy said...

too much information?^^

I'm sooper glad you guys get to go away together. So rejuvenating. Take advantage! Can't wait to have you stay with us next month.

Hot Pants said...

What was that Anna? Amanda, I think you have some explaining to do!

E said...

Congratulations! Have fun in New York. Anthony and I are planning a trip to New York June/Julyish.

Shed said...

Where I come from "mini moon" means something TOTALLY different. I love Steve too!