Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Things that make me feel happy

I decided to share a few random things that make me feel happy. To start off the word "random" itself is one of them. I decided about 11 years ago that I really liked that word and have used it ever since. I remember the day and time when I realized how much I liked that word. "Sassy" is another one. Remember when I decided I liked that one too Emily?

Ok. So one thing that I have a difficult time not smiling at the sight of is dogs in cars. Dogs are fine, but dogs in cars are divine. Don't know why. Just the other day when I was feeling a bit low I saw a dog in a car and out of spite said to myself I wasn't going to smile. But I couldn't help it. A smile crept up soon thereafter. My children love to point them out when they see them, just cause they know it makes me happy. I also love flowers. I love them even more when someone else gives them to me. They are great even when I buy them for myself. These ones shown here were given to me by Jennifer P. and my in-laws. Warms me heart and soul.

This one made me feel great! I walked into our daughters room to find this random :) photo nailed to their wall. I got a big ego immediately. One of our children found this photo somewhere and decided they wanted to hang it up. They love us - I know!

Weeping willow trees is another one. These are my favorite trees. I fell in love with them when I was a toddler and my Bailey Grandparents had one in their back yard. I used to imagine I was Tarzan swinging on the branches. And that makes me happy. They have a sad name though and even that's a good thing. I have thought at times how even nature looks sad in different ways at different times. These trees have wept along with me in days past too.

I just realized this week that elephants make me happy too. I saw them on TV the other day and realized I was inadvertently smiling...

Twix bars. Oh mommy!!! I love them.

10 comments:

Memzy said...

Another random word that is RAD is:

Skadooosh

It can be a noun, adjective, or anything else you want it to be. I give you permission to use it.

Shed said...

Poop is another word that you can't say without smiling...eventually.

Emily said...

Elephant's??!! That was fun to read!

Jennifer P. said...

I think people who can find joy in little things will never spend a life in sorrow! I smiled at all the things that made you smile too!

So, I might call you later, but since I'm sitting at the computer right now, I'll attempt to leave you a message here! I'm dragging our fire pit around to the driveway tonight about 8, and the kids and I and maybe a few others are making s'mores. I'd love if you and your family could come! No worries if ya'al already have plans--just wanted to extend the invitation! Enjoy your memorial day :)!

Anna B said...

Your post made me happy. Thanks for sharing.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

skadoosh. Now that's a happy thought. :) I loved this idea, and also must agree, I also feel happy about a lot of the same things. Another one that makes me happy: time spent with family making memories. Can't help but make you smile inside.

TimW8 said...

I love it when my dog Angel watches TV. Her favorite show is Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet. She will just sit right in front of the TV and just stare at the Meerkats then she will run around the counter to try and sneak up on the back side of the TV. It is golden.
It makes me smile and laugh.

E said...

Your girls hanging up that picture of you and Steve in their room is SO cute. That would make my day for a month! Is that possible?
But, dogs in cars give me the willies. I vividly imagine them flying out the window if the driver has to make a sudden stop or crashes. The worst is when dogs are standing in the bed of a truck. Eeek!

Mikki said...

When my kids sing in the car makes me smile. It makes me laugh most of the time. And then I'll join in.

Mikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.