Pages

Monday, May 12, 2008

Our trip

Here's your first installment of photos from our vacation. It was AWESOME! We had the best time and got to do a lot. We arrived in Buffalo late Thursday night and stayed in this interesting hotel. The guy at the front desk said we were his first people he had met there from Idaho so he gave us a free room upgrade. It was quite the room. It had two floors. Here's a crappy photo of the staircase. It had a bathroom downstairs and a living room. As seen here. Upstairs was a dining area, bedroom and another bathroom. Lots of character. Friday morning we drove the 20-30 minutes to Niagara Falls. We spent most of the day there. We bought a package that gave you passes to all kinds of places and tours. We did the Cave of Mists tour. Very cool. We also did the Maid of Mists boat ride. That took you right up in front of the horseshoe falls where I got soaked. Also very cool. Unfortunately no photo of that because we were worried about the camera getting wet. Here's part of the American side of the falls. A little less impressive, but still neat. Part of the horseshoe falls are in the background.
We also had lunch at Top of the Falls restaurant and had the best dessert ever. We saw the "Legends" movie and rode the Trolley around the park. Here I am at one of the observation decks.
We headed over to the aquarium where they had a sea lion show that we enjoyed. They did some great tricks. Steve got this shot of a really creepy fish.

That night we went to Palmyra. The photos below were taken on Saturday.
This is Steve in front of the Smith family farm home. Alvin Smith built this home for him and his fiance. But before he finished it and before they wed, he got sick and died at age 25. Very sad. His family then moved in. I believe they said 85% of the house was the original house.
We did a session at the Palymyra temple. It was a beautiful place and we had a nice time there. There is a window of the temple where you can see in or out at the Sacred Grove; off in the distance.

Here's a little preview of the Sacred Grove. We took a lot of photos there. Gorgeous place! It was such perfect weather on Friday and Saturday too. We were grateful for that.
More to come tomorrow!

10 comments:

Mikki said...

That is so awesome. I am so gald that you had such a great time. That is so wonderful that you guys do this. Maybe we should start a tradition like that.

Robyn said...

This is the first time I have read your blog in a month. I didn't realize how much I missed finding out about the inner workings of Amanda Bishop.

I'm so glad that you and Steve had a good trip. I think Will and I should try going on a mini-moon. Maybe this year we will.

Dalana and Mark said...

Thanks for the scoop on your trip. I'm glad that you guys had a nice time. All of the pictures are great, but I really love the one of the Sacred Grove.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Wow! What an awesome trip! I am so happy you guys had so much fun! Can't wait for the next installment of pictures. :)

Memzy said...

Ooooh.

1. You look amazing.

2. I'm trying not to be jealous but it's not working out too well.......I'll keep trying.

willmottfamily said...

Yay, you went to NY. I think everyone should experience Niagra Falls, and Palmyra (and other church history sites) are so amazing. Amanda, you look beautiful, too! I think the mini-moon tradition is fantastic.

willmottfamily said...

Yay, you went to NY. I think everyone should experience Niagra Falls, and Palmyra (and other church history sites) are so amazing. Amanda, you look beautiful, too! I think the mini-moon tradition is fantastic.

Anna B said...

That is soo cool. I totally want to go there someday. I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Can't wait to hear about more.

Jennifer P. said...

It looks like SUCH a beatiful trip. I have always wanted to see the sacred grove. And I think it's neat that they thought to put a windown in the temple to look at it. Glad you guys are home safe!

Emily said...

I'm SO jealous!! I could sure use a trip like that about now! You deserved it for sure. I'm just blown away by the beauty!! You look amazing too!