Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Urine on an "Are you crazy?!!" stick

Yeah, you can see it yourself! The best part of our mini-moon had to be finding this out. Since then I have taken more tests just to make sure. I thought I'd wait a bit this time to announce it, but you know me- can't do it! I am just way too elated. I pray with all my heart we'll be able to hold this baby healthy and alive in our profoundly grateful arms in January. Seems like forever away. It will seem even farther when I start vomiting my guts out. I have never been looking forward to being pregnant so much in my life along with all the unpleasant things that come along with it. I never want to complain again about puking or whatever else. My whole perspective has changed since our recent experience. You have no idea.
I didn't expect it to happen so soon. Not that I didn't want it more than anything. It's just that I had been training hard for that 10k race which is happening on Saturday and I thought it could throw me off. But it didn't. I decided I'll just do the 5k on Saturday instead and take it really easy. Probably just walk it.
I know that some people may think it was a bad decision to let this happen so soon, but I had found just as much information explaining how there is no need to wait as there was about waiting. One prominent doctor said that hormones right after a pregnancy loss were so ideal for pregnancy that he actually recommended his patients try one month after a loss to capitalize on that and healthy pregnancies often resulted. So there you go.
WE ARE THRILLED!

16 comments:

Kendra said...

Congratulations Amanda. I'm so excited for you. I hope all goes well. Good luck.

Emily said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!

E said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. And I think it's wonderful that you were able to get pregnant right away!

Dalana and Mark said...

Great news! Congratulations to the Bishops! We'll continue to keep all of you in our prayers (and now baby, too).

Memzy said...

Good things are coming your way, eh? We will keep your family and your baby in our prayers always.

eekareek said...

Congratulations!! I think it was a great idea to try and get pregnant again. I am so happy for you and your family.

Hot Pants said...

I am so happy for you guys! I am glad it happened so fast.

Mikki said...

That is so cool. I can't believe you didn't tell me yesterday :) I am so happy for you guys.

Anna B said...

You already know how Happy I am for you. Good luck on your race.

Amber Waite said...

That is such awesome news! I'm so happy for you.

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

I am so excited and elated for you!! Yay just doesn't describe it. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Shed said...

So, who's the daddy?

Cristin said...

Congrats!!!! I'm soooo happy for you and your family!

Jennifer P. said...

WOO HOO! Can't believe I missed this one!!! CONGRATULATIONS! SO happy for you and your family! January will be here before you know it!

(and be my guest to steal any music on my player! I love the Morrissey song you've got up right now. I think we must have the same taste in music! Got your message today too, but it was too late to call. I'll give you a ring tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for thinking of me!)

willmottfamily said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I am SO happy for you. And thanks for inspiring my blog... also, how did you get music on yours? I sometimes go to your blog just for some of my favorite tunes.

TimW8 said...

Congrats Manda! Mini-moons sound pretty productive...literally.