Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I want to give a little tribute to three very important men in my life.
First. My Dad. This photo was taken of him over 10 years ago. It's a classic Dad expression. I loved when he would make these faces! Still do. I love my Dad. His humor is probably my favorite thing about him. He also tells great stories. He did so much for me growing up and still does a great deal for me. I remember him doing my hair in the morning before I went off to elementary school. I remember him telling me to pretend to cry while he pretended to spank me. And I probably deserved that good spanking. I remember when he would wake me up for seminary early in the morning acting like he was a cheerleader and cheering some familiar Bakersfield High School cheers. He's a great man. I want to echo what Grandpa Waite would say. "Love ya. Appreciate ya. Grateful for ya." Now to my father in-law. I really think I could not have a more perfect father in-law. He's the greatest. He is a really kind and happy man. He has always treated me with such tenderness and has a way of making you feel so good and so loved. I love him like I love my own father. And I have thanked my lucky stars many times for such wonderful in-laws. He also raised the most important man in my life. He did a fantastic job of it too.
Finally there's Steve. Having children with Steve is a dream come true! I am so madly in love with this guy. I love the wonderful friend he is to me. I love the righteous man he is. I love the kind of father he is. I love everything about him. I am extremely blessed to have him as my husband.

Happy Fathers Day Dad Waite, Dad Bishop, Steve, Grandpas, and all you wonderful fathers out there!

3 comments:

TimW8 said...

I thought for sure I was going to be on that list. Oh well. Sounds like you really appreciate your men. Tell Steve I said Happy Father's Day.

Memzy said...

Father's rule!

Dalana and Mark said...

What a sweet post. Thanks for sharing. I, too, am grateful for good fathers in my life.