Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2008

The reception

I'll start by including this picture of Jonah. It says a million words. Some of those including the fact that for the past few weeks Jonah has been swinging between two extremes. 1- Way too hyper and 2- Way too grumpy. Very rare you'll see him somewhere in-between. We are hoping he will be feeling better soon. He's driving us nuts. Now to the reception. It was in my parents back yard. The weather was perfection and the decor was even better. Everything was over-the-top gorgeous. And stupid me didn't get the pictures to prove it. All I got was this one of the dinner tables. They had more tables and hoers derv's set up by the pool with Lily pads in the water. Very pretty. The yard was all decked out. There was a very scrumptious dinner served in courses. And some dancing and videos. A few people sang songs with their guitars. We really enjoyed the evening.
Molly with her big beautiful grin and her unnaturally long lashes. Those are real lashes people; no fakies.
We took a bunch of family photos before the reception started. And boy is it hard to get everyone to look at the camera with a smile! You wouldn't believe all the photo shopping I had to do. I think I had to change out about 10 heads and a few bodies on the following pictures. It was nuts. And even then there were a few kiddos that never got a great shot. Oh well. I just went through all the photos and took the best head or body from each one. Don't go looking for it though, I get all paranoid about my sloppy photo shopping.

My parents, siblings, their spouses and children. There are 8 children in the Waite gang. 4 boys and 4 girls. The 8th child is Sam and he's 17. My siblings in age order: Anna, Tim, Sherod, Emily, Me, Andy, Molly, Sam.
My parents with 18 of their 19 grandchildren. Numbers 20 and 21 are baking in the oven. Riley is missing. More on Riley later.
Our happy little family.

8 comments:

Kam said...

Those are such cute pictures of all your whole family! The Waites are a good-lookin' bunch. It really does sound like you had a nice trip, being home with everyone for such a nice occasion.

willmottfamily said...

Amanda, you look great! It looks like it was a beautiful occasion. Sorry to hear Jonah is having a rough spell. It's crazy how kids do that.

Jennifer P. said...

What a gorgeous reception! Those flowers are breathtaking! And you and your whole gang look so sweet--even Jonah ;)!

And I have to tell you I LOVE my new lipstick. I went to bed last night, woke up this morning----and I still had lipstick on :)!! People in my aerobics class didn't recognize me with any form of make up on! Now I just have to ask you....does it EVER come off, or are my lips permanently "fawn" now :)?!

Memzy said...

Wow look at all of your great pics!! You had such a better angle than me at the wedding ceremony. I loved them! Wish we could have spent more time with you guys but it was so fun to see you.

Dalana and Mark said...

Amanda, you look so beautiful in all of these pictures! Wow! Loved the picture of all of your family together, it was good to see everyone. The yard and all of the wedding decorations look really great! Molly sure looked pretty on her special day. Glad you had a good time and thanks for sharing.

Cristin said...

I LOVE the pictures, you Waits are a good-lookin bunch! It's been so long since I've seen Molly, I think she was around 8 or 9 the last time I last saw her. She sure makes a gorgeous bride.

Hot Pants said...

I loved your family pictures! You really needed to get one of Eden's shirt after the chocolate fountain though.

Hot Pants said...

(It just wasn't quite as white anymore)