Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

Old Friends

Ok. So the other day this guy called. (See below. Many of you will recognize him from my past.)And it was nice getting to hear about his family and what is happening with him. I was excited to hear that he is doing well. He has a beautiful wife and 3 adorable kids now. Nice guy. It got me thinking a lot of old friends. We've all got them; those people you loved and were going to be BFF (Best Friends Forever!) What happened to all those people???? So I decided to make a post about it. Anyone seen the following people and know what they are up to? If so, let me know!

First there's Liz (Hakes) Cannon and Kristen Lawson. Where the heck are they and what are they up to? Liz and Kristen were my BFF for years and I can't even begin to tell you all the great times we shared. This photo evidence of one of them.

The next person is Ruby Hanes. I haven't spoken to her in about 10 years. This girl was probably the most fun person to hang out with at dance. This was a shot of her on a little drive we took ditching ballet class one day. Up a runaway truck ramp with my first car that I totalled at age 17/18.
Grant Adams. You all read about him on my "First Kiss" post a while back. Here he is. It seemed like he did everything and was good at it too. Best of all he made me laugh like nobody's business. He came to meet Steve and my first two babies about 8 years back while he was going to BYU Provo. I wonder what he's up to now too. Trust me, I am 1000% over him. I just thought he was so much fun and am curious. Is that wrong?
Jill (Putnam) Lyman. I actually got to see her a couple years back. She was pregnant with #4 I think? She was another great high school buddy. Lots of fun times with her.

Carla (Davis) Henrie. I haven't seen her since I got married. She was one of my bridesmaids. This is us at her baptism. Is she still in the Church? I met her along with Dana in Philly when I was there as a dance teacher and nanny. Dana and I introduced her to the Church and she was baptised. It was like she dropped off the face of the earth 9 years ago! Some thanks for being my bridesmaid!
Paul Abeg. This guy lived at the Living Center in Lansing when I was there for College. He was 29 at the time I think and single. I remember thinking that was SOOO old. Like 90 in Mormon years. (Keep in mind I was 17 then. I'm 29 now and I don't think it sounds that old anymore.) My roommate Rachel had the most painful of crushes on him. It was very sad. Everyone wondered why he wasn't married yet and speculated amongst themselves. Did he ever get married? Did my roommate? Did they marry each other? That would have been awesome. I am SO curious!
So if anyone has any information on these people, I'd love to hear it!

9 comments:

Emily said...

I think about old friends all the time and wonder where and what they are up to. I'm curious about a couple of these people too. You'll have to let me know if you track them down.

Memzy said...

Just google their names. Not that I've done that before or anything.

ps. sad I missed your tmi post! Someone fill me in.

Hot Pants said...

I could tell you about Jill. I just talked to her sister a couple weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

I love Amanda's Most Wanted List!
I swear I knew Liz maybe through you but I thought she dated my friend Paul Fulton. Maybe not but I remember she was super cool. Hmmmm

Anonymous said...

I wonder about Carla too cute hair in that pic by the way!

E said...

Sorry, I don't know where any of those people are. Let us know if you find them. Hey, maybe they'll google their own name and your blog will pop up!

By the way, I totally remember your friend Liz.

Jennifer P. said...

All those men from your past look surprisingly similar.....maybe it was just the 90's hair ;).

I usually run into old friends I haven't seen in years at the grocery store when I have no make up on, my sweaty workout clothes, and nothing but tampons in my basket. Yeah....

Googling is great. So are My Space and Facebook searches. But I think the best re-uniter is just fate itself :).

Best of luck to you in tracking down all your old friends. Looks like you guys had some great times together!

Shed said...

You set me up for way too many jokes here. First, Paul is now the President of the Temple Rider's Association. Second, Ruby works at the local DQ and is on "boo" number 4. Lastly, Grant found a mail order bride several years back and now is believed to live in West Virginia. I've got A LOT more information if you want. Call me.

Anna B said...

Wow, I think it so cool that you had so many friends and their pictures. I don't think my Most Wanted post would be as exciting.