Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Who in the world...

I've been looking at our Map Loco. (See the very bottom of my blog.) It tracks locations of people checking your blog. And boy did it baffle me. Please enlighten me. Don't be shy.

I get on average 20-35 views a day here from about 15 different cities. There aren't a ton of people coming, but it is more than I would have thought would have even been interested. True, I've got like 36 links to people on my blog. But more than half of those people are inactive bloggers who I doubt even stop by anymore. And I only get a handful of comments from the same people in the same places. I love that people are reading my blog. I am actually very flattered by it. But I am puzzled by who the heck is out there? Could you be one of my long lost friends? I've seen some pretty obscure places on my Map Loco. For example: Japan.
Wang, is that you?

Also, I might add that it would be nice if people would leave me more comments. It is like the equivalent of 30 people going into a gas station. 25 of those people are only using the bathroom and not buying anything. That's how I feel - like a gas station that's only good for its' bathroom. I don't do that to all your blogs. I comment on every blog I visit. Beat that! If you've got a blog you know the delight it brings to see those comments. And of course I live to please. (If you want to know how to have your computer automatically check all your blogs for you and send the updates to your email server, ask Steve to help you. It's a great time saving tool.)

Back to the issue at hand.
As a little incentive to make yourselves known, I am going to offer a little prize. Every person who comments on this post will be entered into a drawing. The winner will get a gift certificate to Amazon. Think of all you could buy on Amazon. Seriously! So come on people, comment away! In your comments be sure to tell me who you are - for real. The following is just a little sample of the things you could buy with your gift certificate.





And one of my favorite books...All things that many of us use every day or at least one week a month!

To add a little flare to this contest, I am going to start the gift certificate value at $10. For every comment I get past #10 (of real people), I will add .50 cents to the value of the gift certificate up to $18. That would cover each of the treasures above and then some. That is also how much my curiosity being satisfied is worth to me. You all know what a curious person I am by now. However, you may only comment once! Contest ends July 3rd. The giftcard will be emailed to the winner.

23 comments:

Hot Pants said...

Just so you know, I won't be buying the buns of steal with my gift card. You already gave it to me for Christmas. And it has become one of Howies favorites.
Also, you need to add that 10 comments posted by the same person are counted as just one comment, or Sara will get you on that one.

E said...

Well, I'm your cousin, but I figure you know that all ready. I'm also your faithful blog reader and commenter.

E said...

This is my second entry into your contest. We can do that, right?

ManicMandee said...

Read the rules again people. I said that only one comment per real person gets entered into the drawing and counted. Thanks Amy and Jenny for commenting!

TimW8 said...

Hey just so you know I don't need some silly contest to put comments on your blog but I do put the LOCO in maploco so here's my comment...do you know what the suggested donation is for joining the TRA? I tottally wanna join.

Elli said...

FINE! I'm definitely a silent reader, so here you go! Of course, I'm no Japan, or anything, but you've got your comment... can I use your bathroom now?

Emily said...

Who's Elli? I'm so curious! I think it's hilarious that you are doing this. I often wonder who 'unknown's' visit my blog. I can't wait to find out who's watching you from Japan!

Alysa . . . . and Reed said...

Hey, you know me. Just Alysa, keeping up on all the fun and creative things you blog about.

eekareek said...

This is Sara and I am from Nampa. Don't forget to enter me into the drawing.

Mikki said...

Hey, I comment more often than not. And Elli, completely not fair for you to comment on her blog and not mine :(

You are so funny, but I definitely get why you wonder who is out their reading your blog.

amber said...

I love amazon.com and I am a "new" silent reader of your blog. I will try to be better at commenting even though we've never actually met! This is Amber, Jeff's wife!

Anonymous said...

What is really bizzare is that I was just thinking about tracking down a copy of Buns of Steel because I used to use it in High school and I had way better buns back then. For real I want that VHS!

Anonymous said...

So, I am one of those people that would only use the bathroom at the gas station. Sorry for not commenting sooner. I do enjoy your blog. I found it on Jennifer P.'s blog.

Cristin said...

SAAAAWEEEEEET! I hope I win! By the way I love your blog. :)

ShelBailey said...

Hey, Amanda! I love your blog, but usually am reading it on the fly, and so I'm not very good about commenting.

Thanks for all the nice comments you make on mine!

Jennifer P. said...

just a moment---I'm reveling in the perfection that is Andy Bell's voice singing Oh L'Amour....... Just love him to death!

Boy--don't you love these "callin' ya out" posts? They never fail to work! What you need to do now is get yourself a bravenet counter and it will tell you if your readers are direct hits or coming off of other blogs. I get 300-500 readers a day and only between 17-50 of those ever say anything---so if I were running a gas station--I'd be bankrupt! But, I'm like you. Comments are like little presents and I like to give presents :)!

Can't wait to get me some tampons!--because I already own that Buns of Steel video (honestly!). ;) Great day to you!

Memzy said...

I'm in. I'm in. I really want those TAMPAX!

Markie23 said...

Well, fortunately I passed through puberty some time in my 30's so acne is not a problem. I already have buns of titanium alloy which is better than steal so the video is out. I have been racking my brain, but I just can't think of a good use for a box of tampons right now. I just had a colonoscopy about 10 days ago and got the all clear there. And I have read The Woman In White twice (yes, a great book).
So I looked on Amazon for something else I could buy for around $12. I thought THIS looked interesting.

Anna B said...

Hi, it's me Wang! You are a curious soul. I'm impressed by the turnout. Maybe that's what I need to do to get people out to Ward Choir.

Robyn said...

What a good idea, Amanda! I check your blog almost everyday, but sometimes I feel like if I don't have anything witty to say then I don't bother. Sorry!

In defense to those who read your blog but don't post anything, maybe they are too shy to comment to a stranger. I have a couple of blogs that I read, but I don't know the person and I feel too weird leaving a comment. Maybe I should bite the bullet and do it anyway.

Andrew Waite said...

count me in!

Kendra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber Waite said...

I vote for a recount! You're missing the two most important people.