Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Celebration

So still on Day #2 of our trip.

After the baptism, we went and saw my old dance studio and talked to the owners, and my old teacher for a minute. That was nostalgic.

Then we went to Cal State Bakersfield where Memzy took the family photos I've been inundating you all with.

From there we went to the church where we had lunch with lots of family.

The day ended with this awesome surprise party for my Grandma Bailey's 80th birthday! (This is my mom's mom.)

Here she is in her special chair wearing her crown while my girls pose by her side. The evening was filled with lots of entertainment from aunts, uncles, parents, siblings and cousins. We enjoyed hearing some beautiful music and some sweet tributes to my Grandma.

Above is the table we sat at. Emily, Anna, Molly, Scott, a couple of buddies of Scott's, and Steve holding baby Tait.

The crowd.
The room was decorated with poster cutouts and posters of Grandma through the years. Look at those headshots of her (below.) Isn't she gorgeous?!

This cutout below is of her and Grandpa on their wedding day I believe. She was 14!
Grandpa died when I was 3. I don't remember him :(

It was such a special occasion never to be forgotten.

3 comments:

Emily said...

It was a lot of fun!! I loved how Eden was all snuggled up to Grandma the whole time.

Robyn said...

Why did your grandma get married at 14? There must be a story there. And yes, she was a real beauty. Those head shots were great.

E said...

That was fun! Good to see everyone.