Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Some more random details on our life

So how do you know if your 9 year old daughter is in love with the boy across the street?
Clue #1: She goes outside without being asked to shovel the front walk and driveway.
Clue #2- She goes out there to shovel the front walk and driveway in an outfit like this:

Yeah, she changed into a dress and put a crown on . Case closed.

And a few people have asked me for an update on Celeste lately. I mentioned how terribly moody she's been a while back. Let me answer that by just saying I bought this book for her and told her I'd pay her $15 bucks to read it ASAP.

I've never read the book, but I figure she'd have to learn something from it. She agreed to read the book but said she wants to finish reading "Jane Eyre" and the 7th "Harry Potter" book for like the 4th time before she reads Dr. Laura. I hope she gets done quickly!

And speaking of books, I think I am in love with this author and series.

Chris Stewart is a genius! I'm reading the 6th and final book in the series "The Great and Terrible" and he already had me in tears at page 30-something. The first book was ok. The second book in the series was better. The third book and on rocked! He's an LDS author and the series follows a group of people from the premortal life and up to the 2nd coming of Christ.

In other news-
Jonah had a big night the other day and was awarded his Wolf badge as well as a couple of arrow points and a belt loop. It was pretty exciting for him and we were proud! At Thanksgiving they had the tables decorated with some of these really cute pumpkins. We were sent home with one. The kids wanted to make a pumpkin pie with it so we did. I love making pumpkin pies from scratch, but it is time consuming and a lot of work, so I hardly ever do it. This time I decided to teach the kids how to do it. It was pretty fun!
Before picture: He says "Oh you are gonna eat me?!!"
The kids scraping out his guts.
One of the finished products. This pumpkin gave us enough glop for 4 pies. But I just made two and saved the rest to make some pumpkin cookies and pumpkin cheesecake. Oh mommy it's gonna be good!

11 comments:

Emily said...

1. That picture of Celester is priceless. Keep it forever and pull it out again at just the right time.

2. I hope it works. let me know I may or may not know someone who could use it.

3. Way to go Jonah!

4. Seriously? I can't believe you made one from scratch. I always figured if you used the canned stuff that was considered 'from scratch.' Sheesh. You make the rest of us look like wimps!

Sarah said...

I love the picture of Celeste! Of course you have the have the tiara to shovel snow. So sweet ...

I hope the book helps and

Great Job, Jonah!!

Mary said...

Celeste is reading Jane Eyre?! Amazing. It's one of my favorites, but I think I was at least in 9th grade when I read it. If she did well with that she might understand Laura!

I bought the first 2 books in the series (The Great and the Terrible) but am still struggling through the first book. Glad to hear it gets better, but bummed that I have to make it through the first 2 before it happens.

amber said...

I've got the last book on hold at the library. I also loved the series-just not the first one!
So did the neighbor boy come out and help her shovel?

Memzy said...

Ah, young love and tiaras. What could be better?

Swasey family said...

The picture with your daughter shovaling the snow in the skirt is so stinkin cute!And the pumpkin pie looks amazing!

Anna B said...

I can only imagine what's going to happen when she reads this post about her! Good luck with that one.

ManicMandee said...

She wont be seeing this one Anna!

Melissa said...

I love Celeste for her efforts! She is so dang cute that I am sure the tiara will seal the deal. I mean who could not want to have a girl that is royalty and does the dirty work too?

E said...

Wow, you've been busy! Celeste is so cute. I can see she really likes wearing that tiara. Congrats to Jonah!

willmottfamily said...

Wow, I just caught up. I didn't know you went back to blogging. Yay! I love your posts. Welcome back.