Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Final Installment

So we are now at Day #6 of our vacation.

The kids and I spent the first part of this day finishing up our drive to Boise. We made a few stops as soon as we got in town. First we visited Megan and her new beautiful baby girl. Then we saw Tara Sims and her family. (A sweet lady I visit taught for about 2 years.) Then we scoped out our old house.

After that we visited the cemetery. They fixed it all up. They put in new iron fencing around the pond with a fountain in the center. This is the nice new view standing from Benjamin's grave. Benjamin's grave looked nice with the Fall leaves all around it.

After that we said hello to Robyn and the Hodges. (Our kids love their kids!)

The day ended with dinner and a birthday celebration at Steve's parents. Many of his siblings and their families were there. We celebrated the November and December birthdays in the family.

Steve flew into Boise late that night.
Day #7 was Thanksgiving!
Here's the spread. We had dinner at a church building because it was many of the Swenson Family there and that's too much to fit in anyone's home. The Swensons are Steve's Mom's side of the family.

Here are Celeste, Connor, Sammie and Eden getting ready for the big family photo.

And here's that big family photo. Told you there were lots of us there.

Day #8 we had a Swenson Family temple trip to do a lot of family names. I did initiatories and enjoyed that a lot. The Hodges were sweet enough to watch our kids for us and Steve ended up having to do a service call for work.

That night I got to go out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory with Aunt Mary, Cousins: Amy, Erin, Jenny, Sara and Katie. And Landee and her sister came too! It was great finally meeting Landee. I ate myself sick.

Steve and the kids went to the movies with the Bishops while I went out to dinner with those ladies.

Day #9 and final day of trip we packed up and said good bye to Steve's parents. Then we went out to lunch with some of my old Young Women and fellow YW leaders. Oooh how I love and miss these girls and ladies!

We had such a great time. I'm posting both pictures because some of these ladies wanted to rip them off my blog and I wasn't sure which one they would like better. That bright light through the windows kind of washed some of them out; darn.

And this is me with my dear friend Megan and her baby.

Then we drove home. Steve drove almost the entire way giving me a break from all that driving I had to do earlier.


And that's all folks for the vacation posts!

12 comments:

Hazel said...

I can't get over how pretty you are. You know it is for real because it is in ever picture. Pretty and photogenic? Not really fair.

amber said...

Sounds like you guys had a very busy but very fun week!! I hope we can get together soon! Gabe would love to play with Jonah again :-)

Mary said...

I'm glad that I was a part of that visit as it looked like it was mighty full, with lots of people to include. Hope you make it back here soon.

Anonymous said...

Steves family looks bigger than the bailey family, wow! Glad you were able to sqeeze in a visit with the Morgans.

E said...

What a busy week you had! It was good to see you, but wish it had been a better quality visit. How long was that Cheesecake table? Geez.

eekareek said...

It was great to see you. Thanks for sharing your p.b. cheesecake with me.

Emily said...

I'm glad you had such a great time in Boise. I can't believe all you were able to pack in!

How's your week going with the Fitness Challenge? I'm gonna call you so you can help motivate me.

Memzy said...

1. That family picture is amazing. I can't believe you got tht many people in ONE photo looking and stuff.

2. You fit A LOT into that trip. Wowzers. Sounds like fun.

Jenny B. said...

ooo cheesecake ! my favorite.
sounds like youve had an eventful couple of days !

they all seem like a lot of fun

Robyn said...

I can't believe how much you fit into your trip. You must be glad to be back in your own house again. Now you can rest after your vacation. It always takes me a week to recoup after a trip home.

Anonymous said...

What a fun and I bet tiring trip.

nutmeg said...

Great pics! Thanks for including me, I just love it! I am so glad that I got to see you and the kids. I have a new fam pic up on my blog and yes you are going to have to comment my page once I put up the other pics in a few days.