Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

We won!

The prize for "Ghetto Christmas Tree of the Year"!
Do you not think we deserved it? You bet we did!!!!!
Cassy sent me an email with her "getting to know your friends" Christmas edition list with a request to respond likewise. I know some of you don't like these but I do. I love getting to know more about people and hope you like getting to know me too. So here goes. I'm not tagging anyone back, but feel free to do it too if you like. I'd love it. For those Tag Snobs, just ignore this post.
1- Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? Both
2- Real tree or artificial? Real. But I do toy with the idea of a fake one. Thanks Memzy.
3- When do you put the tree up? First week in December
4- When do you take the tree down? A day or two after Christmas
5- Do you like egg nog? When I'm feeling reckless
6- Favorite gift received as a child? Rollerblades
7- Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
8- Hardest person to buy for? Steve. He doesn't ever say he wants anything but a "hug and kiss" which I already give free of charge multiple times a day. He's no Andy Bernard.
9- Easiest person to buy for? My kids
10- Mail or email Christmas cards? Duh. Mail.
11- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Sounds trite but: No such thing-- any gift means you must at least care about me and that is a gift in itself. Srsly.
12- Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life
13- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely.
14- Favorite thing to eat on Christmas? Crap I don't usually let myself eat -all day.
15- Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear are classy- colored are fun. I say either is good.
16- Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night.
17- Travel at Christmas or stay home? Totally enjoy either.
18- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? No
19- Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve -rest in the morning
20- Most annoying thing about this time of year? Freezing my butt off.
21- Favorite ornament theme or color? Did you see my white trash tree???
22- Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I'm a side dish girl cause I don't eat meat for the most part. Rolls, salad, mashed potatoes, stuffing...
23- What do you want for Christmas this year? A guitar. (::saw one under my bed!!! Steve needs a better hiding place::)
24- Christmas morning tradition? We always would eat breakfast beforehand then mom and dad would unveil all the goods while we posed for a picture of excitement and shock on our faces. I try to do the same with my kids.
25- What do you leave for Santa? A big pile of jack squat.


Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah, you totally won the ghetto Christmas tree award (if there was one).

Merry Christmas!

Memzy said...

Just remember Charlie Brown.

Swasey family said...

At least you have ornaments all the way down.This is the first year i absolutley can not wait to take the tree down, for my kids sake.haha!!Can't wait to see you guys!

Cristin said...

Sweet tree!!! At least you'll remember it right???

Mary said...

I seem to recall a Christmas tree you're folks had their first Christmas together that would make yours seem worthy of Rockefeller Center!

Anonymous said...

I love your sad little tree and I love the get to know the Christmas you post!

KunaBoy said...

Hey, it's not the ghetto in the tree, it's the tree in the ghetto....and you guys are not in any ghetto! Suck it up and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Dad

E said...

Whoa wha...? Did you let your kids decorate by themselves or something? How does that happen?

ManicMandee said...

Jenny: So this is how you get the award yourself-
1- yes let your kids decorate it
2- don't unpack all of your Christmas tree decorations from storage
3- let your kids make their own paper decorations or whatever crap they want to use
4- let your kids take the decorations off the tree too to put in their rooms to decorate

Oila - ghetto tree

Hazel said...

I love to see other people's responses, but i hate to go through the trouble of backspacing for myself.

Is that a plate on your tree?