Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

On a Serious Note

Have you ever listened to a song like a million times and still hadn't gotten sick of it yet? Happens to me all the time.
I feel that way about these scripture verses I came across a few weeks ago too. I have been reading them over and over again and at this point in my life, they have never meant more to me. They've been highlighted for years. Even with the little red stars I drew around one of them in particular. Which is my scripture code for "I LOVE this verse!" But even when I highlighted them, who knows how long ago, they didn't hit home to me like they do now.
There's one special person in particular I want to share this with, but I hope this will help others too.

Mormon 9:21, 27-28
21 Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.***(That's the one with all my little red stars by it)
27 O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing, and begin as in times of old, and come unto the Lord with all your heart, and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling before him.
28 Be wise in the days of your probation; strip yourselves of all uncleanness; ask not, that ye may consume it on your lusts, but ask with a firmness unshaken, that ye will yield to no temptation, but that ye will serve the true and living God.

My eyes water up just typing it. I love it. And not only that, I believe it with all my heart.

5 comments:

Swasey family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!!I especially like that last one!Very needed too.Thank you so much for sharing and for being so thoughtful!You are amazing!Thank you!!!SO beautiful!Im gonna go get my scriptures and highlight them!

E said...

Thanks for sharing those! Perfect Sunday post. ;)

Emily said...

Thanks Manda.

Memzy said...

Waaaaaay good post. I liked it.

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing! I SO needed to hear this!!! You were inspired I am sure! Amanda, you have been an answer to my prayers! I am so enjoying your blog! Keep the posts coming!