Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Confirmation

Two vacation posts today everyone. I decided not to drag it out too much longer.

Day #3 of our vacation started with a drive to Ventura to attend church with Scott and Molly. (Steve flew back home that morning.) There in Sacrament Meeting Scott was confirmed. It was a nice confirmation. Afterwards we saw their really cute house by the beach.

We quickly took the kids over to the beach before the kids and I headed back to Bakersfield.

Here's Scott, Molly and their great dog Rasta. This is my kids minutes after my order to not to get in the water in their Sunday clothes.

Look at Jonah's pants. The girls are wet too but it's hard to see it in their velvet dresses.

We left pretty quickly after I realized, they weren't going to be able to stay out of the water.

But I got some photos real quick first.

We spent the rest of that day hanging out with family at my parents house.


Day #4 of our trip: I spent most of it in bed with the stomach flu. But this was a blessing in disguise. Remember how I told you how much weight I gain on trips? Well, I had gained nearly 10 lbs. on this 9 day trip! I'm already working hard to get that off, but it surely will take much longer than 9 days to get it off. I am confident that if it weren't for this one day of the stomach flu, I would have come back at least a few lbs heavier. See the blessing in that?


Day #5 I spent the day driving to Winnemucca Nevada with the kids. It went well. It was about a 10 hour trip. We listened to a book almost the entire time and it was quite entertaining. "Leah and Rachel" by Orson Scott Card. It's not a children's novel, but my kids loved it for some reason. They listened intently and got upset if I stopped it for a moment. I enjoyed it too. We stayed in a Motel that night.

Days #6-10 to hear about tomorrow.

That will be my final travel log installment. I bet your glad for that.

See ya.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad to see your kids were able to experience the beach. That picture of Molly and Scott (and Rasta)is really cute.

Robyn said...

If I could dip my feet in the water in November I would do it too. It looks so warm there still.

I like your updated blog. Looks very nice!

E said...

We were surrounded by sickness for over a week and I was thinking we dodged a bullet. But no such luck. We're all sick now and missing more school. Bad timing.

Hazel said...

Remember when I saw you on your vacay? That was fun huh. mmmm...cheesecake.

Vegas Family said...

I love your new family photo. That is so cute!
Sounds like you had a fun week of travel and visiting.

Mary said...

I love that picture of Scott and Molly, too, and since I'm so clever now with the blogging, I can just copy it off for me!

Memzy said...

two posts in one day!! Good thing my compy is all better now. Great pics and it was a really fun time.

Anna B said...

I can't believe you expected your kids to stay out of the water. What the ... Even I know better than that. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. You have me on the edge of my seat.