Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

It was a good one

Unfortunately very little of this Christmas got pictured. But we had a good one!
The kids enjoyed their presents. Jenny had asked how I manage to stay under $30 for each of my kids so here's what we did specifically. Each child got an MP3 player with a price tag of only $15 - great deal! They loved them! Even Becca. They also each got one kit of something that interested them. Celeste- Calligraphy, Jonah- Comics, Eden-Origami, and Becca-balloon animals each with just a $10 price tag and all of them a big hit with the kids. I was a balloon animal slave for a couple of hours. Finally we spent about $5 each on their stockings. That's it. They did each get $25 Amazon gift cards from G&G Waite and $15 cash each from G&G Bishop plus a candy bar. We used the Amazon gift cards to fill up their players with music as well as the online library to put books on them. The Church website had Primary songs too to download for free - so they are all set and have been walking around the house like their mom listening to something or other on their players all day.
They also got a few other fun little gifts from other people. So although we don't spend a lot on them, they certainly have enough to satisfy them.
Steve got me a great acoustic guitar which I am super excited about! And we got a few really nice gifts from both sides of the family from the people who had our names this year. Thanks so much guys!
I got Steve a few very random things that I took mental note of whenever I heard of any kind of mention in the past few months of something he was interested in.
But I also bought him a running watch that keeps track of distance, pace, altitude, calories burned, and all kinds of other cool little capabilities.
And here are all of your lovely Christmas cards you sent us on proud display. Thanks a lot everyone! Don't read into their placement on our pantry doors, we just put them up in any old spot as we received them.

Hope you all had a great Christmas too!

10 comments:

E said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Every year, we talk about not buying gifts and taking a nice family trip instead. It never happens. Even though we found a lot of good deals this year, we still ended up spending about $60/kid... not including our big family gift of a laptop. Yeah, not quite there yet. ;) Maybe next year. Merry Christmas!

Mary said...

Looks like you did a great job shopping. Glad you had a great Christmas.

Hot Pants said...

How did Steve find a guitar for $30? That's awesome!! Glad you had a great Christmas!

Cristin said...

Your my hero! I'm so impressed that you only spend $30 / kid...seriously sooooooooooooo impressed! I can do that for our little little kids but once they reach around 5 it's difficult. Soooo where did you find an mp3 player for $15 inquiring minds NEED to know since we have birthdays coming up and I know i have 2 kiddos who would love to have one.

Emily said...

Way to focus on the true meaning of Christmas! Every year we say we are going to cut back, but we never do. Guess it was how I was raised, maybe? I'm glad you had a fun Christmas. I loved Celeste's post about it. So cute!

eekareek said...

Very impressive. Glad you were able to keep to a good budget.

Hazel said...

I am so impressed too. I didn't spend too much, but definitely more than 30 dollars each. My worst nightmare is the kids coming down on Christmas morning and thinking Santa didn't come. It happened to Erin onc.e.

ManicMandee said...

Don't go complimenting us on our budget because obviously Steve and I didn't keep one when we spent on each other. We spoiled each other. But we don't want to raise our children to be as spoiled as us.
Cristin the players were from Woot. It was a one day deal a while back. Anna was nice enough to tell me about it when she found it.

Memzy said...

Now if only I could get my kids to do that AND eat salad like yours do!! ::sigh:: It looks like fun had by all! I can't wait to hear you play your guitar.

Robyn said...

I'm so glad that you all had a great Christmas. You don't need to spend a lot or give a lot to have a special day.