Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Awesome Date Night

Last night Steve took me an awesome date! We went to a Peter Breinholt concert here. There are two things that I love: 1-The great outdoors + 2- Good music = one happy girl.
We sat facing this beautiful waterfall. LOVED it. The music playing here on my blog is a little sampling of Pete's music.
The opening act was a guy called Paul Jacobson and I liked him too. Never heard him before.

I was introduced to Peter Breinholt by the Shedertons 11 years ago and have really enjoyed his music ever since. I was surprised when I met Steve and he actually had Pete's music in his collection. So we've both been fans for a long time.
We've been to a few of his live concerts and are never disappointed. What's great about Pete is he is completely down to earth and pretty funny too. He knows how to orchestrate his songs just right. His live concerts are fun because he is always sharing the spotlight and bringing on other artists with him. Other artists that are great too.
Steve and I had so much fun! Steve even got Manic Mandy to come out. I've been more of a Lowly Lucy lately, so that was a nice change. He pulled me up to the mosh pit for a couple of songs to dance with him. And Manic Mandy was all over that. The mosh pit was really a Mormon version of a mosh pit. Nobody was drunk but every bit as silly as a drunk person would be.
My favorite part of the concert was probably when Pete did an 80's medley. Have I ever told you how much I love 80's music? Well I do!
Seriously good times.

9 comments:

E said...

So you and Pete are on a first name basis? Glad you had an Awesome time!

Anna B said...

Manic Mandy,
So glad to hear you had a good time. The last Pete concert I went to he did his 80's medley too, and I loved it.
Signed,
Anxious Annie

Emily said...

How fun!! Glad you had a great time!

Hot Pants said...

Mine and Dwight's last date was renting two seperate movies, one for him and one for me, then watching them in seperate rooms. We are so romantic. I think a concert it the perfect time for Manic Mandy to come out and boogie.

Markie23 said...

Where is that Amanda? Looks like a great place to see a concert.

Memzy said...

You and bananas REALLY look great together. Flank-tastic even! And I did NOT remember that WE introduced you to Brienholt. By the way, I heart how you call him Pete. His concerts are always way good. Glad you had some fun!

Jennifer P. said...

How much fun was THAT?!?! What a gorgeous setting for a concert. SOOOO happy you had so much fun ;)!

ANd my wild part was just my blogiversary shindig---you were there. DOn't you remember :)?!

Cristin said...

How fun!!!! I've sadly never heard his music, I know, I know what kind of Mormon am I???

Sadly,I will probably NEVER be able to go to a cool concert with LM since he's into "different" music...pfft

The Thurstons seems to have the same date nights as me and LM...hmm I think we need to try something fun like you guys.

Schofields said...

What a GORGEOUS view!!
Thanks for your comment on my blog-- I'm no saint-- right about now I want to chew a few peoples heads off-- Soooo glad to know I'm not the only one who finds that question offensive! I was really beginning to wonder! ;)
Thanks again for sharing your Family Fun Day idea-- we're having a BLAST!
Diane