Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lovely Ambien

Last night I couldn't sleep. I was in bed bright eyed and bushy tailed at 11:30pm and wondering if I was ever going to fall asleep. My mind would not shut off! Knowing I had to get up at 6:30am, I decided finally to get up and take an Ambien. I was given a prescription for these sleeping pills months back but rarely use them. I took the pill and then decided to go do something in the office until I felt sleepy. After that things got really fuzzy, really quickly. Apparently I sat down to write Steve a love letter. I don't even remember doing this! Steve asked me this morning what was wrong with me last night? He had to help me to bed. I was delirious. This morning look what I found?
This is Shakespeare kind of beautiful.

If you can't read it, (understandable!), it reads: "Dear Steven, You are brilliant. You are loved. You have complited a fantastic word. You played aways I don't undertand What is happy to me! Help me out! I this somethng that is...."
I love you Ambien. Thanks for the sleep.

17 comments:

Robyn said...

Gotta love the Ambien! That stuff knocks me out in minutes. It's a good thing that Steve found you. You could have slept in the office all night.

Memzy said...

Shed and I have a friend that takes Ambien and that stuff happens to him too. Apparently the trick is to go STRAIGHT to bed after you take it.

::giggling at letter::

Emily said...

That is so funny!!! Anytime I take it, I completely forget anything that happens after about 30 minutes of taking it. It's almost scary. That letter is hilarious!!!

E said...

That is hysterical! I've never taken a sleeping pill before--if I can't sleep, I just stay up all night. I gotta try some Ambien. Thanks for the recommendation. Did Steven like his, er, love letter?

Anna B said...

I need some of that stuff.
Do you think if I slipped some of that in Trent's night cap I could get one of those "love letters?"

willmottfamily said...

Yeah, medicine totally scares me. I have horrible allergies right now but remain miserable because I think the medicine makes me a little groggy. I wonder if I would even be able to pick up a pen after taking Ambien...

Cristin said...

SWEET! How do I get a hold of some Ambien??? I bet your lots of fun at parties.

Hot Pants said...

I just had to go redo my mascara. That is the funniest thing ever! Take it again tonight, then video is for us please.

Hot Pants said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eekareek said...

Looks just like the letters Jenny posted from you when you were little.

Hazel said...

Tom took some of Gus's Ambien. He said the couch was talking to him. I am a bit worried about the drugged up, half asleep you...you seem a bit distressed.

Vegas Family said...

I took an ambien and Wade said I woke up in the night and started calling for Hayley over and over.
Then started laughing. Don't remember any of it.

Very funny letter...

Mikki said...

There is a reason I switched from Ambien to Lunesta. I couldn't remember anything that happened with the Ambien, with Lunesta I tend to just drift off to sleep instead of just zonking out.

Shed said...

My business partner took Ambien and his wife found him peeing in the kitchen sink in the middle of the night.

Memzy said...

^^true story

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. that is so cool! Send me any extra pills

Bethany said...

I came upon your blog through a friend of mine, and I must say, I literally have tears streaming down my face right now. I thought this was so funny!

Thanks for the laugh. Ü