Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Nice Tag From Anna Completed

So now the Bailey gang is posting their "Fave Foto Friday" and I missed out yesterday :( But you better believe I am gonna be on that one from now on.
I did get a cool tag from Anna that I am gonna do though. And in return I am going to tag my sister in-laws and Amber Wolf. Get on it ladies.
So here goes.

I am "good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it... people like me!" Ok, so that was a little bit of a joke. Seriously, I am a daughter of God.
I miss middle of the night feedings and the cry of an infant in my home.
I think too much. I have at times just laid around and thought for hours.
I know that there is a God and He is my Father and His Son Jesus Christ is my Savior.
I want to be a better person.
I have an extremely blessed life.
I search for shoes a lot. At any given time in our home some body's shoes are always missing.
I wish I could always be a nice person and make everyone around me happier. Sometimes I am such a jerk!
I hate when people have no patience with children.
I am scared of my husband getting in a tragic car accident.
I fear there is actually a man with a knife under my bed and so I hardly ever kneel to pray beside my bed. I always kneel ON my bed instead. Then my mind can stay on the prayer and not on the man under the bed. It's crazy but true.
I always have a facial breakout for about a week every month, then spend the rest of the month waiting for it to clear up. Then I break out again.
I love people. I love loving. I love lots and lots of things. I overuse the word love. But I love love. I don't love how the word love can be so inadequate at times. But I love love.
I feel sad whenever I hear about someone getting divorced. If it's a couple I know, I WILL cry.
I hear noise more than the average American. From whining, to music, to fighting, to begging, to laughing, to singing, to playing, all day, every day.
I smell Fall in the air and I think it's romantic.
I don't always make a good enough effort to be with friends and family. And kick myself frequently for being like that.
I care about how people feel. I hate to see people being sad or discouraged. I want to fix it.
I regret not trying harder in school and learning more.
I am not good at making phone calls. I'd much rather email.
I believe that there is not much time left before Christ comes again.
I dance in any way and everywhere. It isn't unusual to see me do a spin or a leap in and out of a room or even when I am going to and from the mailbox; to grab a child or my hubby and make them dance with me.
I sing most often when I am trying to wake my children up in the morning. Nice and loud. Or when I am working on house work or yard work.
I write a lot. I keep a personal journal, a running journal, a journal for Steve and I, a journal for each of my children. I email, I blog, I write letters. I write sometimes more than I'll talk. So why am I not a better writer?
I win the love and affection of my husband and children on a frequent basis.
I dream of accomplishing some sort of goal every day. I'm huge into making dreams/goals and working my hardest to achieve them.
I lose my patience when I am sick or not feeling well.
I never want to hit or spank my children.
I listen to people well and try to soak it all in and remember what matters to them.
I can take criticism. I'm not saying I like to, but I welcome it and I will grow from it.
I read a variety of genres and enjoy them all immensely. I read my scriptures daily.
I am happy when I am grateful.

9 comments:

Anna B said...

I'm so glad you took the time to do that. I think you summed up yourself very well. Now about that man under your bed with a knife? How long has this been going on?

eekareek said...

I can't believe I missed you when I re did my link list. Glad I caught that and got caught up. I always get scared their is a man under my car with a knife so at night time I will jump as far as I can to get into my car.

Emily said...

Great descriptions! You are awesome.

E said...

Thanks Amanda. Those answers are so you.

Memzy said...

True dat. Those are all Amanda-answers. Do I HAVE to do it, tho?

Hot Pants said...

I can't believe how much you write. I need to see a picture of your middle finger callus. I am embarrassed how many times I have checked under my bed for a strange man.

Anonymous said...

You are rad. I love all the journals you keep. I need to do that! I am listening to Mr. Jones on your blog as I write this do you remember singing this song together after getting off a train at night in Philly...I do! BTW I think you are a great writer.

Jennifer P. said...

I loved that list Amanda! I feel I know you better for sure. I love all your quirks. It's those funny things (like thinking men will get you with a knife) that make life interesting :)! And I'll share a quirk with you---I have a little panic attack everytime I have to merge onto the freeway. I laugh about it, but it's still true---probably a lot like you and knife guy!

Hope you're still loving it there!
~Jennifer

Robyn said...

Great tag! I learned a lot about you. That was fun!